Thread: Proboat mystic pnp now available ?

Default Proboat mystic pnp now available ?

I just saw the proboat mystic available for the first time only as plug and play but i dont need a remote anyway so i guess it is out now ? i havent seen it for sale other then ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Boat-PRB...item588faea6f6 i have bought from these people many times before and they have been very good so i decide to bite the bullet and order one looks like they have 1 left. I know it is the same as the geico just new motor and esc for the most part but i think the mystic looks way cooler wasent a fan of the yellow

It's in stock also at horizon hobby
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4075

Yep, the PNP is in stock at Horizon. They show the RTR coming in a few days, but that can change sometimes.

They still leave that dowel pin hole for the hatch open to the inner hull?!?!?!?!?!?!? I was shocked (with disappointment) when I saw this with my impulse 31! Major oversight as far as I'm concerned!

The Geico hatch holder is not open, so I would think that the Mystic will not be open either...

Eric

You see it for a brief second in the video. It looks open just like my Impulse. Hopefully (for those of you who've bought one) it's sealed on the production models as it is a PITA to seal them! it's really hard to access the back side to catch sealant. Especially the rear slot on the impulse.

Could be a preproduction thing. I know the Geico has a rubber seal that the hatch pin goes into.

As for the Impulse I agree it was an oversight, but it is easy to correct. Simply take a small piece of closed cell foam (blue/pink insulation foam board works great) of appropriate thickness and glue it to the backside of the pin area and the hatch lock area. Then simply create cut the hole for the dowel pin with a small x-acto knife (doesn't need to be perfect as the pin will compress the foam a bit as needed). For the hatch lock, simply let the lock tab form its own channel in the foam as it gets used. No sealant required and its absolutely watertight... I use the same technique to seal my knurled hatch locks that I added to my Geico...

Cheers;
    Eric

SVTFrank: I can now confirm 100% the pin area is sealed with a rubber boot just like the Geico hatch... (yes I now have one in my hands.. see my other thread!)

Eric

guys...this is a white geigo with offset rudder and 1800kv motor and 60 amp esc thats all lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Yup, and without the horrid bathing suit lizard. I'd buy it over a Geico in a heartbeat. Plus, when the hatch implodes (which it will) You can buy a real FG hatch from Tiqueman and paint it white.

your right there rummy if my geigo (without decals lol) didnt all ready have the 1800 motor and a 120 esc id get one also....i saw darens at the nats in fla and really liked the white boat....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...