Thread: 2-3S 11.1 5000c lipos can you use them in a UL-1 Stock set up

Thumbs up 2-3S 11.1 5000c lipos can you use them in a UL-1 Stock set up

I want to try and put these 3s batteries in my UL-1 with a stock set-up can I do this ???

Nope. Two,2s packs only in series for 4s.

i've run 5s quite a few times with a m445 with good results but they say I am taxing the esc, I believe the esc (stock) is rated at 20 volts so 5s is what, 18.5 volts.
    no issues yet but be warned, it could spoil your day, someday.
    I also ran it on 5s with a modded m447 cut down to a m446 you might say, it was spooned and cuped along with the normal
    thined, sharpened, and balance, it ran 56.8 mph but tooked out the 2s battery which was old and it puffed beyound belife,
    it sounded like jiffy pop popcorn when I took it out of the water so I carfully removed the hatch and said oh !@!@#$%#@!@
    step back, well it did not explode but was to hot to handle got it out of the boat safely and let it cool off. but what a run.
    question how do people get rid of trashed batterys? I don't want to put it in the trash for possable fire ect I know the battery is dead but I might still have some bad carma in it.

Thanks G-Unit I will take heed on them don't want to do any damage to my ESC

To completally discharge & make safe put the lipo in a bucket of salt water for a number of days.

Never new that, thanks.