Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maiden on a Geico twin build

Found the steering issue. The servo mount popped loose at three of the four corners, so it was twisting. I grabbed the rudder a bit ago w/ the hatch of and turned it and didnt hear the servo turn, and quickly noticed the whole servo turned. I modded a standard vertical mount to a low profile, so it only has 4 small footprints touching the hull. Ill try adhering it again w/ more epoxy but may have to replace the mount to get more contact area. At least its a simple fix.

Lucky number 13?

Nice
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

You know I love it!
    Catching Air!

Haha! "Love that chicken from Popeyes!"
    Catching Air!

Got to race it today. Other than my stupidity it ran well. Upon launch I felt something wasnt right. Spun a few quick passes in front of myself to be sure all was good. Didnt see a lot of water flow. Brought it in and checked it, I though it seemed ok? I was right, it wasnt. Yesterday I decided to swap all the H20 line out and forgot a piece. working on too much at once and too many interuptions. So I flooded the hull. No damage done excpet for my pride. Second race went solo as the other Stock Twin Drive I ran against had some electrical issues and DNS. Waiting for Bill to post the vids on his you tube page and Ill post up a link.

Meanwhile, heres a little still I took of it today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good stuff! Looking forward to the vid.
    Catching Air!

Bills uploading them now. Had 2 good heats of lso with the single drive geico today as well. Gutsy moves and driving it hard is what it took as both the other boats (mean machine and motley crew) both had a speed advantage on me.

Come on scott you can takemm!!! Dont let them get the best of the MG!!!!

Heres the Popeyes twin. I DNF'd do to drowning out electronics. Ive got to move my cog just a tad forward. She wants to float a lot. This run was on some older Turnigy 30C 4000mah packs. I hoped Bill got the 2nd solo run but he was getting a boat ready for the next heat. I ran it on my new Gen Aces and wow what a difference. And definitley showed it needed a cog shift as it almost blew over a few times. Bow got pretty high up there.

And I didnt say they got the best of me Jerry. I just had to drive it hard. Heres a little off topic vids of the two LSO heats today. My MG vs RCkongs MC vs Hebners MM

Just before 3 min gets exciting on the first vid

Awesome go between Scott.Boy 4 mins last a long time hey.Kudo's

Thanks Shawn. I had a good driving day. Yeah offshore heats keep going and going and going.

As for the STD race, RCKongs Apparition is running UL-1 motors and 442 props. SO he sounds like he is screaming. As I said, Im running Proboat 1500s and spinning cut down 447s. He is a bit faster than I was, but Im curious to see by how much after I tried the new batts. Oh and when my hull isnt filling w/ water. Boy there was a lot. Hopefully he chimes in here, but I think hes running a fairly new set of Gen Aces. Ive made a few adjustments, corrected my water issue and am ready for the course again. Unfortunately thats two weeks away. But next weekends the real deal Offshore Powerboat Racing so Ill survive.

I used to watch Offshore on TV all the time and did attend one race in Seattle way back.T'was fun.That's what got me into boats.Are you watching or have some part in it?

Very Cool!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

This boat just like to mess with me... A LOT! Finally got her dialed. Again, powered by PB 1500s for our stock twin class. I was Running w/ Richt's EKOS I built for him w/ 1800KV outrunners (not stock twin drive).

Threw on some new props. Ran fantastic... until......

That sucks! What was it someone said was broke in the vid? Rudder mount? Couldn't hear good.
    Catching Air!

It stuffed backwards into about an inch of water on the port stinger. It cracked the sponson transom and blew the stinger down about 5 or 10 degrees and to the inside about 10 or 15 degrees. Broke the stuffing tube support and bent the stuffing tube all to heck and stress cracked the bond between the motor mount and the hull. Other than the transom damage around where the stinger exits, there was no paint damage at all which made me as happy as the situation allowed.

On another note john, a raced the hpr today against a df cat twin... holy crap I love that hull.

dang buddy that was a nasty looking. Don't let that thing get the best of you! It was running darn good that's for sure!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Ive got it torn apart. Should get the stinger and new stuffing tube glassed back in tomorrow or Tuesday. Going to make a couple mods, do things a tad different and am going to do everything I can to have it back in the water for Sundays race. My twins got the best of me today with elements of surprise. I put my HPR on the bank too. LOL. But I was going pretty slow. Starboard LVC kicked in and turned it right, and right into a bank. I was cruising it back towards the end of the pond where my house is not far off the shoreline... well here. You can see. A little O.T. vid for you.

Forgot to post this. This was spinning ABC three blades as in the vid of it when I skipped it into the bank above. I thought I liked the props until I ran against Brians twin UL1 power w/ 442s. It was a lot slower than I though with them. I went back to my cut down 47s last week and we run about the same speed again. No vids from last week... not sure why it didnt get recorded. BUT, on the last lap my steering servo failed. Oh well. it ran VERY well until then. Its a servo I had under water twice and it never worked as well after its second soaking. It was only a matter of time.

Anyway, heres 4 weeks ago

Last edited by tiqueman; 07-28-2015 at 07:45 PM.

I know, old thread and you've sold the boat and it was re-sold on Ebay a while back. I'm going to take my G apart this fall winter and do it up as a twin with some inexpensive 2200kv motors 3660 size and 442 props.

Any idea Scott how long the struts stuck out from the sponson backs?? I still have all your pics saved from when you built this. I wish you had the motor mount templates to save me some work, lol...

Cheers!
    Nortavlag Bulc

ray I did not sell that boat, I still have it in my possession. I don't recall the stinger length but I can cut you a set if you need them, ive got the file saved somewhere. And I have a set of carbon mounts in stock if you would like those as well
    Last edited by tiqueman; 07-28-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Thats cool. I saw a twin Geico much like yours on Ebay. Glad you still have it.

I would like a set, did you use lead teflon or speedmaster style?

Carbon mounts sound like you will save me some time. I'll let you know when I have some $$ ready.

Thank you!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Thats cool. I saw a twin Geico much like yours on Ebay. Glad you still have it.

I would like a set, did you use lead teflon or speedmaster style?

Carbon mounts sound like you will save me some time. I'll let you know when I have some $$ ready.

Thank you!
    Hey there Ray, any chance of a link on that one from eBay? Just thinking of selling my Little Miss G and curious as to a ball park price.

Yo, Scott, how have you been my friend?

Sorry, no link. It was a few months ago.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12