Thread: Impulse 26 Upgrade Prop

Default Impulse 26 Upgrade Prop

Hi Guys,

What would folks recommend as an upgrade prop for this boat ? I'm completely new to how the whole prop thing - I used to be a truck guy but I've played with boats a little bit over the last coupla years and I'm realy digging it now.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by MIGMaster View Post
    Hi Guys,

What would folks recommend as an upgrade prop for this boat ? I'm completely new to how the whole prop thing - I used to be a truck guy but I've played with boats a little bit over the last coupla years and I'm realy digging it now.

Thanks !
    MigMaster,

So on the Proboat website, they suggest the Stilleto SS prop as a replacement. So I would go with either the Prather 215 http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...i-prather-s215 or the Octura X640 http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=oct-x640 should be good.

I assume you are running the stock 550 motor and 7-cell NIMH....

Yeah - it's the stock configuration. Thanks for the insight - I'll give it a whirl !

Thanks !

MIG,

is the stock prop plastic? Or brushed metal? Cannot tell or find into. Only info I see is that the replacement is the stiletto.....

I wish I could help you more on this, but other than initial testing and running the stock sample only a couple of times to test 6-cell vs 7-cell vs. Lipos, I haven't really played with a stock Impulse 26 much. I'm not sure how much prop the stock motor can handle. It's a 35A ESC with a 550-brushed motor... If I recall correctly, it can run through several battery packs before getting very warm, so I suspect that it can turn more prop.

How many cells are you running??
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Sanyijr:

The prop is metal (SS I believe).

Darin:

I'm running nimh 7-cell packs (8.4v) at present.