Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Impulse 31 misfortune

no not yet but I got one on order. Thats a great tool. I dont know why I never got one sooner. Then again offroad RC trucks are much easier on electronics and dont need logging...lol

Cool

never been a huge fan of running two batteries in parallel. Tried it before and cells discharge wacky...
    Your experience is an anomaly. They discharge perfectly fine if you have decent packs. I have run TP, Hyperion, MarinePower and FlightPower packs as 2P with no "wacky" discharge. Scores of other boaters have too with zero problems. Until recently that was the only safe way to run high amp setups. Now with the current 45C and higher "C" rating cells we can get by with 1P as long as we use 5000 mAh capacity or higher. The big "but" is the validity of the "C" rating. I simply don't trust the "C" rating on cheap packs, I've seen too many fail at discharge rates far below their supposed rating. With quality packs, no problem. I'm using a 6S1P 35C/6500 mAh Hyperion setup pulling 175+ amps continuous without problems all the way down to 25% capacity.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I think thats the keyword. I know in offshore world 2p is common, not so much on land vehicles.
    I have a pair of flightmax 4s1p 5000 30c batteries I like to experiment with the larger prop.
    For now I will stick with 42x55 and x642 props on the 2s1p packs in series. Thanks all for the great info. I have a long ways to go before I can master the art of propping

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    They discharge perfectly fine if you have decent packs. .

Took the boat out today for a test run. First tried the Turnigy 5000 30c batteries. I noticed the motor has the initial torque but then slowed right down and continue running what it felt like half speed. Brought the boat back and tried adjusting the throttle range again. Put the boat back in water and the same thing. Figured the flexshaft might be slipping so realigned the flat spot with the set screw and tried again with no luck.
    So finally I tried the Gens Ace 5000 40c batteries and there problem solved. This boat has more power with that x642 than needed. The motor produces tons of low end torque and then more. Couldnt try it too much at WOT since the water was kind of choppy.
    My question is why the 30c batteries acted like that. There is nothing wrong with the batteries and they run perfectly fine on the previous setup.

Quote Originally Posted by de-pro View Post
    Took the boat out today for a test run. First tried the Turnigy 5000 30c batteries. I noticed the motor has the initial torque but then slowed right down and continue running what it felt like half speed. Brought the boat back and tried adjusting the throttle range again. Put the boat back in water and the same thing. Figured the flexshaft might be slipping so realigned the flat spot with the set screw and tried again with no luck.
    So finally I tried the Gens Ace 5000 40c batteries and there problem solved. This boat has more power with that x642 than needed. The motor produces tons of low end torque and then more. Couldnt try it too much at WOT since the water was kind of choppy.
    My question is why the 30c batteries acted like that. There is nothing wrong with the batteries and they run perfectly fine on the previous setup.
    Seaking esc's have a weird lvc issue. Try changing the lvc setting from auto to manually entering 4s then re-calibrate throttle. Also make sure the lvc is set to 3.2v per. The Gens Ace batteries are far superior to to the turnigy packs. The lvc could have pre-maturely triggered under load from the turnigy packs. Seaking have had known auto detect issues. Simply changing programming typically solves that issues.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I had it already setup for manual select of 4 cells. lvc is set to 3.2 as well. Changed to auto select with no luck resolving the issue. Changed it back again to manual select for 4s.
    Its weird. Should I set the lvc to 3 volts or its too low.

Quote Originally Posted by de-pro View Post
    I had it already setup for manual select of 4 cells. lvc is set to 3.2 as well. Changed to auto select with no luck resolving the issue. Changed it back again to manual select for 4s.
    Its weird. Should I set the lvc to 3 volts or its too low.
    No 3 is too low. I think (maybe wrong) what your seeing is the cells inability to handle the amp draw. The Gens Aces don't seem to be effected by it but with those Turnigy you may need to step down to a lower prop to ease up on the amp draw. You need a 2p setup soon my friend to really take advantage of that motor.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks Diesel. I will play around with the prop and see what comes of it. I will also try out the 2p once I get my parallel cable. appreciate the input.

does the impulse 31 have an offset rudder fin?

look at the first post
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12