Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my flex cable is done help please

Default my flex cable is done help please

all was good but for some reason it started to make loud noise until it stopped it i had to make my little cousin to go get my boat and hear is the problem if any one knows good fix let me know thank you all

P1110151.jpg

Welcome to the nightmare.

This is fairly common.

The best option is to get either a .187 flex cable or .078 wire drive from Jeff Wohlt.

The .187 cable will require removing the teflon liner for it to fit the stuffing tube.

I have made several runs on a .187 cable with good success, and just recently installed the .078 wire drive and only have a couple runs on it, but I think it is going to work well also.

The stuffing tube can be replaced with a Traxxas OEM, or pick up some 1/4" brass tubing from the hobby shop and make your own.

Kevin

where can i get some stuffing tube online if you can post a link also do i just put .187 cable in the stuffing tube or how do i do it

Ose store. Have a look around there and use the search button here.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Ose store. Have a look around there and use the search button here.
    yeah i found that this problem is common on spartan also where is Ose store how do i find it?

Huh? You are on OSE. Scroll to the bottom of the main forum page. You'll see it there.

Yep, Traxxas has it all worked out: a "Castle" motor, a rebadged esc and there was something else......"oh **it we forgot the flex cable!". And the beat goes on. I find it interesting that many members here and ""there" refer to the success of their Spartans; ignoring
    the fact that their heavily modified Spartan is no longer a Traxxas product. At that point the boat becomes the product of the owners ingenuity, tenacity, creativity and talent, not Traxxas. Hence, my boats name is Albatross and supported by products from OSE,
    , Kintec, Leopard, many others and the input of members here.

Click on the big OSE banner at the top of every page. Its always there and never changes. Go to the driveline section and click on flex cables/teflon tube part. Scroll down untill you see the replacement cable for your boat. If thats out of stock, find another flex of the same size, and cut and solder your own. OSE has thier own brand as well as Hughey if theyre in stock. Kintec sells flexes too. Might as well learn how to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by shctexas View Post
    Yep, Traxxas has it all worked out: a "Castle" motor, a rebadged esc and there was something else......"oh **it we forgot the flex cable!". And the beat goes on. I find it interesting that many members here and ""there" refer to the success of their Spartans; ignoring
    the fact that their heavily modified Spartan is no longer a Traxxas product. At that point the boat becomes the product of the owners ingenuity, tenacity, creativity and talent, not Traxxas. Hence, my boats name is Albatross and supported by products from OSE,
    , Kintec, Leopard, many others and the input of members here.
    i totally agree with you i been banded from their forum 3 times for saying the truth and stile every message you type at traxxas forum is been edited even privet messages to TRAXXAS IS A COMMUNIST COMPANY YES THEY ............ BAD COMPANY AND THAT IS TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Click on the big OSE banner at the top of every page. Its always there and never changes. Go to the driveline section and click on flex cables/teflon tube part. Scroll down untill you see the replacement cable for your boat. If thats out of stock, find another flex of the same size, and cut and solder your own. OSE has thier own brand as well as Hughey if theyre in stock. Kintec sells flexes too. Might as well learn how to do something.
    THANKS i found but one question my flex cable came of the tube where the prop holds is there some glue to glue it on or how do they do it?

also i dont know this inches staff metric is so much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    Welcome to the nightmare.

This is fairly common.

The best option is to get either a .187 flex cable or .078 wire drive from Jeff Wohlt.

The .187 cable will require removing the teflon liner for it to fit the stuffing tube.

I have made several runs on a .187 cable with good success, and just recently installed the .078 wire drive and only have a couple runs on it, but I think it is going to work well also.

The stuffing tube can be replaced with a Traxxas OEM, or pick up some 1/4" brass tubing from the hobby shop and make your own.

Kevin
    i went to his website Jeff Wohlt and it looks like hes not selling anything all blank there

www.wohltsrcboats.com
    thats his web site ,was on there yesterday....
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Quote Originally Posted by Boss777 View Post
    i went to his website Jeff Wohlt and it looks like hes not selling anything all blank there
    Jeff's store was closed for a few weeks while he took some time off, I think he was supposed to re-open Sept 1.

http://www.rcraceboat.com/

Kevin

Oh gothca Kevin my bad....
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Quote Originally Posted by Rcforever27 View Post
    Oh gothca Kevin my bad....
    No bad about it, his store page has a link to his e-mail and says "contact me if important" so your link and advice were sound.

Kevin

also am i gona need that plastic tube ? or just install it in that coper one without it? if i get that .187 from Jeff's store ?

If you go with the .187 cable you won't need the teflon liner, the larger diameter cable won't fit with the liner installed. Just keep it greased up good.

If you go with the .078 wire drive, then you should put in a new piece of liner.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    If you go with the .187 cable you won't need the teflon liner, the larger diameter cable won't fit with the liner installed. Just keep it greased up good.

If you go with the .078 wire drive, then you should put in a new piece of liner.

Kevin
    thanks the coper one called traxxas and they said they will send me one

but i need need that .078 also how do i mount the flex cable to shaft ? do i use glue or something?
    Last edited by Boss777; 09-02-2011 at 01:23 AM.

i need need that .078 also how do i mount the flex cable to shaft ? do i use glue or something? if so what kind where can i get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss777 View Post
    i need need that .078 also how do i mount the flex cable to shaft ? do i use glue or something? if so what kind where can i get it ?
    The shaft will come mounted to the flex cable or wire drive. Be sure to order the correct collet to fit the flec cable or wire drive you choose.

Kevin

i just got coper tube from traxxas and i need stock flex now any one has one?

I need to get a .078 wire drive for a 3/16 prop from Jeff Wohlt. Does anyone know how to reach him? Thanks!! Rob

Fighter cat has them in stock for less than $15
    http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=56
    You have to sign in to see the prices
    When you know it all.......you never will learn anything new

You can try that or try www.wohltsrcboats.com....

Quote Originally Posted by rlpowley View Post
    I need to get a .078 wire drive for a 3/16 prop from Jeff Wohlt. Does anyone know how to reach him? Thanks!! Rob
    email him i did and he resonded but the pars i need is .078 to for spartan

i just called one of the site and they have one in stock the original traxxas spartan flex and shaft and they said they are recall they been defective and now traxxas make new once

i need help hear i got original flex cable and it came out from shaft does any one knows what glue to use or welder

Most shafts that are bonded are done with Loctite 603, A few use Loctite 638 that has a slightly stronger bond but is not oil tolerant.

Just buy a .187" cable from OSE and be done with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    i want to but then i need to get that mount that goes on motor and probable drip out holles which i dont want to do it couse i might use different flex in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    coupler is what its called or will .187 work with original coupler ?
    i don't mind drilling bigger holes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast