Thread: ESC to handle 6s ?

Default ESC to handle 6s ?

What esc would be able to handle 6s w/ the stock BJ motor. Usually run 4s to play in the mid 30's, 5s for low 40's to beat my son's boat and curious what the thing will do on 6s. Running a X642 B&S detounged prop w/ BJ nitro hardware. Are Seaking's really as unreliable as I've read about ?

I am a huge fan of the Castle ICE esc's. The Ice 100 is good up to 8s. I would be more concerned that the stock BJ motor will burn up on 6s but I really don't know anything about that motor to say. You will have to use a Pistix with the ICE esc since it is a AIR esc but they still work great and can handle more amps than they are rated for.
    Team Liquid Dash

Ive run SeaKing 180's on 6s with good luck. Use either a UBEC or a reciever pack.

Im runnig the stock ESC on 6c and the motor is taking it very well...i should add that i have the ss hardware on my boat with no turnfins so... less drag and the water pickup seems to flow more water but im on my 15th. full speed full batt. run and nothing has blown yet...

When set up correctly and the right prop, you should get close to 50 on 4S.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

On most esc's, disable the BEC and add an onboard receiver battery when going over 4S!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

What prop are you running to get 50s on 4cell? Im running (54s wet) and (57s loose) on 6cell. I'd love to see 50 on 4cell. I cant run to crazy of a prop on 6s, i'll smoke my esc for sure. also how are you getting your speeds? im running an E-trex handheld gps. Its pretty heavy and im wondering if there is a lighter on out there?

Try an M445 on it. raise the strut up to where the center of the prop shaft is about 1/8" above the bottom of the sponsons.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yes, there are much smaller GPS units. I think it's the 201 Foretrex as I recall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Foret...4#ht_500wt_950
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Thanks for the help...who makes that prop?

Octura

I still running fine on 6s with the stock motor/esc. but i have come to my sences and wish it do things right! i want to keep running 6s because i have the batts already and 6s is badass in almost anything! before i smoke a motor/esc that could be fun in somthing elts. i want to upgrade my blackjack with electronics that will easily handle my batteries. im thinking of cc ice 240 esc because i already have the programming card. but what motor should i run? i would like to try for 60mph but anything in the 50s will do. what are your recommendations.http://youtu.be/0niUkIKWYBc