I had posted in an earlier post that the LVC on the T180 ESC seemed a bit quirky. It didn't seem to be cutting out reliably, sometimes too soon leaving 35-40% residual capacity, other times not cutting out soon enough, draining the batteries to 10-15% residual capacity.

After trying different settings on the LVC from 3.0 to 3.4V, and watching things closely, I determined the cause to be different batteries.

My Turnigy nano tech 5000mah 45C batteries work best with the LVC set at 3.0V. LVC cuts out with between 25-35% capacity remaining, and LVC operation is consistent.

I have started timing my runs on my MaxAmps 6500mah 150C batteries. The LVC doesn't cut out soon enough even with the LVC set at the maximum setting of 3.4V.

It doesn't surprise me that different batteries react differently, but I'm not sure why the LVC won't cut out with the MaxAmps batteries. MaxAmps claims their batteries have extremely low internal resistance, so maybe they are capable of delivering full voltage until capacity is almost fully exhausted. But this is just guessing.

So for new comers to the hobby, set you LVC higher to start with and adjust the settings downward after determining how much capacity is remaining in your batteries.

Also, if you change to different batteries, or run batteries from different manufactures like I do, watch the LVC operation for each type of battery to determine if it is working as it should.

Kevin