I am using my Fast Tech sort of a learning boat, i dropped in a more powerful motor/ESC ( Leo 4072 2000kv, Seaking 180a), using stock prop,( ProBoat metal) gained 8.5 mph. From 30 mph to 38.5 mph. I know people using stock are getting better speed than I am. But, that is ok for now since i have alot to learn. I have read many posts and are aware of the necessary mod in setups, my question is the trim tabs, they came measured 90* but if I put a ruler along the bottom of the hull, then the trim tab looks it is pointing downward (holding the ruler perpendicular to the surface of the bottom, the edge of the ruler can not be flush with the bottom of hull because the tabs are "pushing" the ruler away from the hull. ) When setting up mono-V , what is considered as a neutral setting? If i bend them up so they form a straight line from hull to tab would that raise the bow so the boat runs less wet? The battery position is really too much in the front and I don't want to mess with removing the trays, would bending the trim tab help to raise the bow?
Thanks