Thread: Anyone find a successful 3 blade prop for a stock stiletto?

Default Anyone find a successful 3 blade prop for a stock stiletto?

Anyone have luck with a 3-blade prop on a stock stiletto? If so, which one? Thanks in advance!

I gave a 440/3 a go for awhile... Seemed to work OK. Not particularly fast, but that was early on and I hadn't gotten the setup to where it is now, so it may be worth exploring again...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I gave a 440/3 a go for awhile... Seemed to work OK. Not particularly fast, but that was early on and I hadn't gotten the setup to where it is now, so it may be worth exploring again...
    Hi Darin,
    I really like the carbon props. Do you think this one will work well? Thanks in advance!

Click picture for details! Product ID: grp-2299.39
    Graupner 3 Blade Prop 39mm
    In Stock: 0 Details

Diameter 39mm, Pitch 1.4x42=67mm.

These Props are light, sharp and don't need to be balanced or sharpened! Looking at the transom, these props spin counter clockwise. Fit 4mm threaded shafts.

Price: $6.00 Out of Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech C5 View Post
    Hi Darin,
    I really like the carbon props. Do you think this one will work well? Thanks in advance!
    No, I really don't think they will work well... 1) They have too much blade flex to be consistent, and you need to be able to rely on the power delivery in a tunnel to keep it balanced in the turns. 2) The tend to not have enough cup in the blades, and slip too much as a result...

These types of props generally seem to be aimed at hydro applications, with their higher lift characteristics.

I'd start with an X440/3 or X442/3 and start tweaking on that... Or MAYBE an X537/3 if you are going to run a UL-1 setup. You'll need to bend on any of them to make them work correctly, but that's generally the case with any prop.

Thanks Darin,

I sent you a PM.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech C5 View Post
    Thanks Darin,

I sent you a PM.

Ray
    I saw that... I don't have an extra 440/3 I can part with... (I don't get rid of many props... takes too long to prep, and they have too many uses! )

You might also give this Grim prop a try, as I think it's the same thing, and this one should come fairly RTR...

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-aqub9720

This would make a good foundation for tinkering as well...