Thread: Sprint Cat 29 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sprint Cat 29 Build

This will be my 2nd build thread. First was a SV27 which was my first FE boat and it turned out great. Hope this one does too & I hope you guys can get something out of it!

I purchased the Sprint Cat 29 hull from Fightercat57 here on OSE. Awesome seller, btw!
    Came with a water-cooled motor mount, strut, rudder, servo mount, and some other misc small bits to help with the build.

Fightercat57 also steered me in the right direction with a Leopard 4074 1050kv motor & 80HV esc. I'll be running her on 8s.

Here's the hull before I received it:
    Sprint 29 004s.jpg

I got the hull and electronics in the mail yesterday, took a picture or 2 but haven't gotten them off the camera yet. It looks exactly the same anyhow.

The Hull definitely needs a lot of work. There are plenty of low spots and paint drips or something strange going on with the paint. Also, the rudder I received is a great part, but I think it only attaches with 2 screws. I may look into a different mount for it to line up with the 4 holes in the hull properly. But that'll be a while.

The "standard" hatch's paint is badly cracked and worn, that'll all need to be sanded off. I'm not a big fan of how it's shaped and it doesn't fit on the hull flat, so I may just do some heavy modification and create something new out of it. Might do something different with the turbine hatch as well, it's not 100% my style either. I'll try to end up with 2 nice painted hatches either way though. Stay tuned!

This hull alone could take a week or 2 of my free time to get ready for paint, so don't expect a quick build. I'll try to keep it well updated however, so hopefully there will be something new to see every couple days.

So far, it just worked out that my other 2 boat's paint schemes matched the motors inside them very well. So I expect to end up with a cat that's got some red in it due to the Leopard motor.

And away we go!
    -Jeff
    Last edited by midnightsabotage; 08-24-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3