Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowing Out Spartan Forum

Default Bowing Out Spartan Forum

i have decided to look but not touch these forums to many people telling me i cant do what i have done for over six months with my spartan i thought this was a forum that people came to for the hobby not to get on here and tell you how their stuff was better than yours or that your setup wont work when it does just fine what happened to having fun in a hobby and enjoy about telling your friends but i guess some people are more interested in bashing and tearing another down just because they have something different or because their boat is not fiberglass so boys enjoy the hobby no matter what you drive there was a time thats what we all saw to even get into hobbiesIM OUT!
    IF IT DON'T GO FAST WHY HAVE IT

Don't let a few people with " I know it can't be done attitude" push you to leave.

Remember that the scientists say that there is no way a bumble bee should be able to fly....... but,somethings do work when the specs say that there is no way it should.
    Daniel
    When you know it all.......you never will learn anything new

nah dont leave the forum because of that theres always gonna be people like that anywhere you go ..... you know the people you can listen to and count on... can you block certain people from seeing your posts and commenting ? or you can just ignore it.... these are forums for helping people not bragging or whatever..... thats the way i look at it.... we dont wanna see you go....
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Agreed, I enjoy your participation here, as well as the participation of everyone else.

Don't let 'em get under your skin, and stick around.

Kevin

WELL IM A 38 YEAR OLD MAN AND PEOPLE THAT WASNT EVEN BORN WHEN I WAS BUILDING RC MODELS TELLIN ME WHAT WONT AND WHAT WILL WORK I WILL NOT BE CHASTISED LIKE IM A LITTLE PUNK THAT DONT KNOW WHAT THE MEANING OF HOBBY IS
    IF IT DON'T GO FAST WHY HAVE IT

^there is that great attitude^ The fact is... from the things you have said on this forum, you do not really have a good grasp on FE at this point. BTW, I'm 30 years old, not that it matters. I have EXPERIENCE building and running FE boats. If you don't want advice, or tips, or constructive criticism, maybe you ARE in the wrong place.

rinsky73 sir,
    I am 49years old and As always there are those that say that " It canot be done".When I broke my lower spine when I was 13 they told me I wouldn't walk again.............still walking.
    I see so many people stuck on "I KNOW" instead of "I wouldn't" or "It didn't work for me" or "can I make an informed suggestion" that they canot think of anything else.
    It is sad ......when "You Know it all" you will never be open to learn new things.

JMHO
    Daniel.......still learning!

Aw screw it. If you really want to go fast, just run 10s on that motor. Nothings stopping you. More rpm = more fast.

@ Rumdog That is percisely what I am talking about. Seriously.take a look at the whole thread.https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...king-180-t-180
    NO ONE is saying you dont know what you are talking about., but you are implying that about others. Facts are Facts
    That kind of attitude doesn't help anyone. All you can do is have an informed opinion and you have to let others have theirs also....informed or not.
    I myself like to hear All the "good bad and ugly" then form a list of what "usually does or does not work" ...that way I have a better change of success
    rinsky73 is way past the "recommended" setups.........but it is working for him!........We have seen the video....sure it might blow up but Some people have used equiptment Way outa specs. H**l I have for years...LOL I have blown up my share or equiptment.
    No need to bicker like our government offcials
    All I am saying is the there is always two sides...don't lose perspective.

JMO
    Daniel

i just think people are sick of getting knocked at stuff working for them and having someone tell them you cant do that ... i dont doubt for a second that you know about fe boats and im all ears, but if this worked for him then props! if you cam out and said "hey this is my setup and this is what i ran for speed and temps., even if i knew that person was wrong, i would still say WOW! thats interesting but i would also be truthful if i thought that wasnt going to work. that person must of known what theyre doing if they were consistently running like that for months... as i said before ,im not here to judge or start problems , im here to recieve help, and give help... i owe what ive learned and have to all these guys on these forums... if it werent for their advice i wouldnt have any eletric fe boats...... so thanks for the advice and again no hard feelings, im 27 so maybe i see things differently , but thats just my opinion ... i have nonthing but respect for people who let me in on their secrets and knowledge of these boats and rc in general.... lol cant we all just get along? lol.... HAPPY BOATING!!!
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Cool

I am not getting into the argument of who knows what and who does not in this thread - I don't care. But from many years on this and other forums, I DO know that there is a lot of bad advice put forth by folks pretending to know what they are talking about. Those with lots of experience generally know what works and what does not, but no one knows it all, we can all learn. I am always leery when reading posts which purport to do things I have seen not to work. That does not mean the poster is lying or is incorrect. He may be lying, he may be misinterpreting what he saw, he may be leaving out vital information; these are common. Or he may have been able to do exactly what was claimed.

To protect newbies and lurkers who may try to duplicate what they read - and fail because it cannot be done (happens all the time) - some of us may question the poster who claims the "impossible". How that is handled by both parties determines the value of the exchange. But if someone wants to post things which others will question, they should be ready to defend what they post in an adult manner. One does not need to advertise that he is leaving the forum if that is what he feels is best. Just leave and don't perpetuate an argument, which sadly is what happened here. Age by itself is not a measure of maturity.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Just watch his posted videos... There's 3 of them.... One showing his boat statically and 2 showing it i'n action .... 67mph or not that thing flies!!!!

Sucks to see you go Rinski73 Seems there will always be that one DOG that thinks he's better than the rest of the pack We can't all be FE experts, so give us "older"guys a break we may not know as much as some but Rinski sure makes it look like he's got things under control I'll still be looking for his videos

Right on champy!!!! Agreed!

lol. like I said, go for 10s. I'm no self proclaimed expert. Want me to make a vid of a Spartan doing 70? I'm sure I could. That doesnt mean it didnt go up in smoke either.
    I don't need to deal with guys who are full of s*$t. he has deleted posts, and altered posts when asked certain questions. Sounds like a stand up guy.
    then started THIS thread with the sole purpose of trying to get people to team up against me and feel sorry for him.
    Sorry, but when guy's make claims that are a little hard to believe you'd better believe they are going to get some questions thrown there way.

wow, i just came over from the Traxxas forum. Is this what to expect for OSE?? Im a newbie at rc boats and don't need to be talked down to about it....just looking to share info and find answers to my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jrichards View Post
    wow, i just came over from the Traxxas forum. Is this what to expect for OSE?? Im a newbie at rc boats and don't need to be talked down to about it....just looking to share info and find answers to my questions.
    No, this is an anomaly. Just bypass this thread and browse around the forum. Lots of really good content here.

Kevin

Agreed jrichards!!!! I gear ya! I'm on here to get advice and give advice to people who need it and if I'm not 100% about advice i give i won't say anything.... Or if i did I'd say i'n my opinion, or not 100% sure but ,... We don't need people that bash on others .... Who cares if he blows an esc every week? It's his money not yours ... All you can do is try and give accurate advice and recommendations and hope it works for that person...... No one comes on here asking for trouble were all adults!!!! Let's act like it!!!

Thanks kevin your right! Is there a way to delete this thread totally? As if it never existed?

I'm hoping a moderator will lock it out when they find it, and we can all get back to discussing our hobby, regardless of what you run or how it is setup.

Kevin

Yeah i hear ya..... Hobbies are supposed to be fun as well as challenging, and i appreciate these forums! People on here shouldn't feel as if they are getting singled out and chased off the forum.... And that upsets me.... As well as others...

by the looks of his vids he has the fe thing under control

I agree, def looks like he's got it under control. Come on guys, we are all adults here, lets act like it and respect what everyone else is doing for the hobby.

HOW DOES ONE GIVE ADVISE ON SOMETHING THAT HE DON'T EVEN OWN AND WHY IS HE IN A FORUM THAT HE OPENLY HATES THE PRODUCT THIS THREAD IS IN

Quote Originally Posted by DARK SOUL View Post
    HOW DOES ONE GIVE ADVISE ON SOMETHING THAT HE DON'T EVEN OWN AND WHY IS HE IN A FORUM THAT HE OPENLY HATES THE PRODUCT THIS THREAD IS IN
    He was commenting on the set-up (and it is a hot setup that could potentially lead to problems), but Rinsky seems to be having good results with it. Others might try a similar setup and not have similar results.

I like the way the boat performs on the vids

I SAY YOU GO RINSKI73 THAT IS BY FAR THE FASTEST SPARTAN I HAVE SEEN ON THE WEB YET

I AGREE WITH THE SETUP BEING A HOT ONE BUT NO NEED FOR THE CONSTANT BASHING IF IT WORKS FOR RINSKI PEOPLE SHOULD BE GOOD WITH THAT AND SAY GOOD JOB AND GO ON ABOUT THERE BUISNESS

Way to keep the ball rolling bud. Better advice can be found in the Traxxas forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Way to keep the ball rolling bud. Better advice can be found in the Traxxas forums.
    That's what people are here for Dog....ADVICE....HELPFUL ADVICE....NOT to be put down by someone who doesn't even own the product that is being discussed. I don't know that any of us would want to see your video of a Spartan going 70....
    maybe one of you, on your little pit bike, driving off into the sunset

I think you may be a little jealous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast