Thread: 44" Custom Painted Candy4 the eyes Deep Vee

Default 44" Custom Painted Candy4 the eyes Deep Vee

001(1).jpg002 (2).jpg003 (2).jpg

This is a 44" x 12.5" dv sold by expresscraft and custom painted by Tom's airbrush expert. I picked it up for $200 plus actual shipping!!!!!!

Not sure I have ever made a better buy on a boat.

You can buy the hull in white right now from Expresscraft in white only for $125 plus shipping
    No doubt the best dv hull buy I have ever seen.

It is not on his website but I can give u his number if u want to call. He only has 6 at this price and it does include the cowl. No damage, second runs, etc all 6 r first rate.

cr-cr@sbcglobal.net

That looks sweet and is a great deal!!! What are you going to use for power!?
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

considering a 5692 1090kv on 8s. I am only lookinng for 55-60 because of the strake configuration on the bottom.

That sounds good! I would love to get my hands on one of their 70" Phantoms.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

crrcboatz how do get the mirror shine. i used clear gloss and it messed up the paint

It is automotive clearcoat 4 coats

can i get that at auto zone

No you cant get that stuff at auto zone. Its BASF clearcoat. That was the first boat that I painted many years ago and it set on a shelf at expresscraft collecting dust. Tom has been cleaning shop so we sold it. The paint is a candy blue over silver base with layered candies to make some graphics in the blue theres various airbrush colors as well as some candy orange and a pearl green over the yellow. Im not sure what you may have used one your boat but a good clearcoat is going to come from an auto paint store. One that isnt to bad and is sold in smaller amounts is Limco 4100. use the medium hardener which they can help you out with and the medium reducer. If you arent that great at painting then use the fast stuff and pour it on pretty wet then let it sit for a bit between each coat and hit it again. this stuff lays out pretty nice and a quart kit should only be around 60 bucks. but that should paint a couple of boats. Or I have some great ideas for painting your boat. Its kinda like something from mad max. hope this helps....

No it is a automotive paint store item. You will need the clearcoat, catalyst, and special thinner for it. There r several brands, this one was done with PPG>

The clearcoat on that boat isnt PPG. I painted it. and I dont use that stuff. I use House of kolor and BASF and thats BASF DC-92 clearcoat. and thats also not wet sanded and buffed. The LIMCO clear I was reffering to earlier is a cheaper BASF clear. But still BASF.

I am well aware u painted the boat but was just sure tony at expresscraft told me it was ppg.

Sorry I wasnt trying to sound you know, jerkish I was just trying to get the write info out there. Have you got the boat going yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dougspaint View Post
    The clearcoat on that boat isnt PPG. I painted it. and I dont use that stuff. I use House of kolor and BASF and thats BASF DC-92 clearcoat. and thats also not wet sanded and buffed. The LIMCO clear I was reffering to earlier is a cheaper BASF clear. But still BASF.

I have the motor on the way, already have the esc and hardware, and batteries. About 1/2 through a MHZ 43" cat right now. The candy 4 ur eyes is next!!