Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seaking 180/t-180

Well, anyhow I remember you saying your motor never got over 90. LOL. In Tenesse... in the middle of summer.

dont know but it was around 120-125 on esc and around 90-95 on motor im tellin you that is what it runs i have absolutely no reason to lie about it what could i possibly gain from it i mean really dude
    IF IT DON'T GO FAST WHY HAVE IT

with a surface temp of 86 degrees wheres the question

when your taking the temps point the gauge at the caps on the esc and at each end of the motor not the cooling jacket. to get a proper reading

the caps usually are at 135-140ish and the heat sinks in the center where the water does not run through is always around 120-125 that is the end of the motor temp when i said 90's

Either you're gaging the temp of the motor wrong or you are full of it. There is no other option. I have owned and ran at least 10 of these motors. I know what kind of amps they pull and what the temps of your setup are more likely to be.

OK

"theories aren't always correct, you can do the math allllll day.... But i'n reality experience is king... And i believe if rinski73's setup works for him, then so be it..... He must be doing something right .... And btw those caps he burnt are replaceable by someone who is an experienced electronics guru..... ( my father) and cost like a couple of dollars to buy.... JMO.... If you can solder good you just fixed a esc..... As long as nonrhing else is fried..... I'm willing to take the chance ......
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Is that a spartan i'n your vid? @ rumdog... I didn't watch it yet... But if not i don't think you can compare it to other boats .. Even if it's the same motor / esc setup... Or can you?
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

LOL. K you guys win. Fry away. I'm done with the fresh faces in thr RTR section. You guys got it all figured out.

Yup your correct.... Listen, i agree with you , but it is what it is.... He is having a blast with that thing and props to him for only blowing a cap thus far, after hearing some stories on frying stuff on thus boat, i would never mate a 2200kv with a 180 on 6s! But i have a 240 and with that the sky is the limit.... If i pull anywhere near 240, i shouldn't even be into boating..... Lol but i'n theory you're 100% correct, it's too hot of a motor with that setup... But somehow it's working... The temps will prove it. Again, I'm not trying to be a **** but just my 2 cents .... No hard feelings ... If I'm wrong I'm wrong, I'm here to help and get help not to gain enimies ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rcforever27 View Post
    Yup your correct.... Listen, i agree with you , but it is what it is.... He is having a blast with that thing and props to him for only blowing a cap thus far, after hearing some stories on frying stuff on thus boat, i would never mate a 2200kv with a 180 on 6s! But i have a 240 and with that the sky is the limit.... If i pull anywhere near 240, i shouldn't even be into boating..... Lol but i'n theory you're 100% correct, it's too hot of a motor with that setup... But somehow it's working... The temps will prove it. Again, I'm not trying to be a **** but just my 2 cents .... No hard feelings ... If I'm wrong I'm wrong, I'm here to help and get help not to gain enimies ...
    i told him in a previous response in a round about way, i was running the same set up in my spartan it was my first ep boat everyone tryed to tell me that it was to hot and i would not listen lol the boat ran fine for a while but run it at wot continuously and puff there go your caps. also stuffed 3 sets of batteries.
    we can only advise and recomend people this is not about a bitch contest.
    what people decide to do is there buisness lol we all learn by our mistakes it just take some longer to catch on

True,agreed.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12