Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey, all you people that don't have a job, I'll be back after vacation to announce my

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Give me a shout in six months about how many people believe in conspiracy theories...

The earth was the center of our universe once, the earth was once flat also. Things change. I believe we are headed for some change of biblical proportions, whether natural or ill conceived by the evil Globalists.
    I agree 100%, Ray. Something is coming very soon. Or, should I say, someone?

Beware of false Prophets...
    Nortavlag Bulc

If there really is a second coming you will know it, not see it.

I think that, and/or an Alien invasion is just too predictable at this time.

Smoke & mirrors has come a Looong way since Houdini.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I dont believe in prophets of any kind, but I do believe what the book says. I say we just keep being good people and keep running the hell out of our FE boats.

Thats the Spirit!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Think about this...As of the last 10 years. Name one thing that either party has done that benefits the people other than unemployment extensions? You are aware that you have to pay taxes on those unemjoyment checks?
    Government Moto:

When you know it all.......you never will learn anything new

I also am a Canadian and have no love for Obama , I also believe within my lifetime $hits going to hit the fan globally and of biblical proportions . But in the mean time I will keep running the hell out of my boats like Larry suggested.......................
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Would Obama have been so bad if there wasn't all this bipartisan bickering? Think about that for a moment. The Republicans have one agenda. That is to see Obama fail. The Democrats have their own agenda. Spend it all. You can't take it with you. With all the mess that is going on in our own country, Why are these idiots (Both parties) concerned with all the other messes around the world?
    Why are we still sending foreign aid, grants, etc. to China?
    Government Moto:

I wonder how many of you really know anything about geo- politics. I'm guessing all of this ranting is just crap you've all heard someone say on the idiot box.

Well, I read newspapers from all parts of the world and have lived in 3 countries, travelled all over the world on business....no I am not an expert, but I think I am informed.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 08-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Please enlighten us , I admit beyond my kids and grandkids the only other thing I remotely pay attention to is the weather

I am a person who loves to play with boats, grandkids and keep up on current affairs, as that was important in my sales position, plus I am now a retired old twit with time on his hands. Love you Peter, is Alberta still functional?

Douggie

Jeez Douggie not you.....Dana , Love you to Douggie and we haven't even gone on a first date yet - whats with that... .Alberta is still booming my friend

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I wonder how many of you really know anything about geo- politics. I'm guessing all of this ranting is just crap you've all heard someone say on the idiot box.
    I don't know if this is true. For that matter, I don't know if many of our own representatives have a grasp of even the most basic concepts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geopolitics
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Think about this...As of the last 10 years. Name one thing that either party has done that benefits the people other than unemployment extensions? You are aware that you have to pay taxes on those unemjoyment checks?
    While the paying taxes part is true, the extension of benefits only carries the folks who will receive such benefits out of a nightmare situation. To the rest of the country they are a liability. Unemployment benefits were designed to provide a short period where the person makes the obligated attempt to find another job. A fixed period of time with a horizon to keep an eye on for the recipient. Problem is those benefits are now out to 99 weeks or longer in some states. Thats almost 2 years!

So there is little presure to be forced to find a job. Any job. If the person can exist on their benefits they can sit. Do nothing. They have lots of time to decide. I have an aquaintence who is such a person. And he unashamedly admits to doing nothing until his benefits run out. Now he has been unemployed for more then a year. But my point is he knows he can screw off and continue to receive a weekly check. Its intentional.

Now back to taxes paid by those unemployed. If they were not getting those additional federal dollars from the numerous benefit extensions, our federal debt would not be increased. In case that doesnt make sense, the bottom line is they dont pay a federal tax to the exact amount of the benefit they get. So reducing benefit length only will only reduce the national debt. Not provide additional income to reduce our debt.

And while I am on the subject of unemployment benefits guess whats going on with a new Democratic Plan? Yep, your right. Obummer wants to ONCE AGAIN!!! Extend those benefits. 2 years isnt long eough. What do we call it now? National Welfare?

I dont care how bad the economy gets. As Citizens we cant allow the Government to continue down this path of insanity. Maybe its time to setup food kitchens in cities? Maybe its time to create a temporary federal employment system like back in the great depression when our national parks got their largest amount of construction accomplished by paying people to work instead of sitting on their butts? Payment for nothing is social welfare. This direction only trains people to be slackers.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Attached Images Attached Images

Obama will win in 2012. Simply because there is nobody else that stands a chance. I dont blame them.Who wants to man this sinking ship?

Nice Darin

MOT usually has good info...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVlV...re=uploademail
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Obama will win in 2012. Simply because there is nobody else that stands a chance. I dont blame them.Who wants to man this sinking ship?
    I wouldn't start counting on that just yet...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ht_in_him.html

Welcome to Canada your unemployement benefit will run out in about 6 months, dependant on your contributions to that system

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    While the paying taxes part is true, the extension of benefits only carries the folks who will receive such benefits out of a nightmare situation. To the rest of the country they are a liability. Unemployment benefits were designed to provide a short period where the person makes the obligated attempt to find another job. A fixed period of time with a horizon to keep an eye on for the recipient. Problem is those benefits are now out to 99 weeks or longer in some states. Thats almost 2 years!

So there is little presure to be forced to find a job. Any job. If the person can exist on their benefits they can sit. Do nothing. They have lots of time to decide. I have an aquaintence who is such a person. And he unashamedly admits to doing nothing until his benefits run out. Now he has been unemployed for more then a year. But my point is he knows he can screw off and continue to receive a weekly check. Its intentional.

Now back to taxes paid by those unemployed. If they were not getting those additional federal dollars from the numerous benefit extensions, our federal debt would not be increased. In case that doesnt make sense, the bottom line is they dont pay a federal tax to the exact amount of the benefit they get. So reducing benefit length only will only reduce the national debt. Not provide additional income to reduce our debt.

And while I am on the subject of unemployment benefits guess whats going on with a new Democratic Plan? Yep, your right. Obummer wants to ONCE AGAIN!!! Extend those benefits. 2 years isnt long eough. What do we call it now? National Welfare?

I dont care how bad the economy gets. As Citizens we cant allow the Government to continue down this path of insanity. Maybe its time to setup food kitchens in cities? Maybe its time to create a temporary federal employment system like back in the great depression when our national parks got their largest amount of construction accomplished by paying people to work instead of sitting on their butts? Payment for nothing is social welfare. This direction only trains people to be slackers.

John
    While you may have an acquaintance who is "riding" the system, I don't believe a majority are. I was unemployed for 16 mos. During the whole 16 mos. I made looking for a job, my job. 8-9 hrs. a day 6 days a week. I went thru a lot of crap and took a lot of crap. I paid taxes on the benefits I did receive according to the tax bracket I was in. I firmly believe most people don't want to "freeload" or be seen as a "freeloader". They want to be seen as a productive member of society and they are living the "American dream." Our society today wants the newest, latest, greatest, trendiest crap that money can buy. It's really hard doing that on the few bucks you get from the government. One thing I do see on a daily basis that just drives me nuts is how government employees and educational systems will literally waste funds just so they can maintain their fiscal budgets for next year.
    Attacking the unemployed or the poor is not going to fix what's wrong. Fix the biggest entitlement program (U.S. Government) and their puppetmasters (Wall Street) and we might have a chance of coming out of this alive. Keep fighting amongst ourselves for some imaginary party lines and we are doomed. Does anyone recognize these lines: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." No where does it say "We the party", "We the Elitest",
    "We the Rich" etc.
    Government Moto:

bravo.....here here..well said... I totally agree ..

We as a country have become seperated from We The People. It's "whats in it for me" instead of "how can I help you"
    Daniel
    When you know it all.......you never will learn anything new

Default It depends on where you live

I agree that many want to work, however, in some areas many don't.....In KY 25 percent are on food stamps and haVe been for years.

And do you think that 25 percent wants to be on public assistance?
    Government Moto:

While you may have an acquaintance who is "riding" the system, I don't believe a majority are. I was unemployed for 16 mos. During the whole 16 mos. I made looking for a job, my job. 8-9 hrs. a day 6 days a week. I went thru a lot of crap and took a lot of crap. I paid taxes on the benefits I did receive according to the tax bracket I was in. I firmly believe most people don't want to "freeload" or be seen as a "freeloader". They want to be seen as a productive member of society and they are living the "American dream." Our society today wants the newest, latest, greatest, trendiest crap that money can buy. It's really hard doing that on the few bucks you get from the government. One thing I do see on a daily basis that just drives me nuts is how government employees and educational systems will literally waste funds just so they can maintain their fiscal budgets for next year.
    Attacking the unemployed or the poor is not going to fix what's wrong. Fix the biggest entitlement program (U.S. Government) and their puppetmasters (Wall Street) and we might have a chance of coming out of this alive. Keep fighting amongst ourselves for some imaginary party lines and we are doomed. Does anyone recognize these lines: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." No where does it say "We the party", "We the Elitest",
    "We the Rich" etc.
    You missed my point. Or took it the complete opposite way intentionally. We are not a welfare nation. Never where,..until recent, however we are systematiclly being driven towards that direction as our Government decides what shall be granted to the encumbered. Its never been the responsiblity of the Federal government to feed and house the poor. Never. It suddenly materialized decades ago with quiet intention. You remember what happened in 1964?

The Federal Government was established to defend the individual states. Provide security for a nation. Not hand outs. That was supposed to be left to each state. Now its assumed that Uncle Sugar is supposed to take care of everyone.

And my point about Unemployment was directly linked to some form of limit or date of expiration of benefits. I am happy you got past your situation. You made your point. Just a I did with a description of the complete opposite. I never stated the majority took advantage of the system. But the statics also point to the fact that a percentage do give up. Sit and become humiliated or depressed. They just give up. And if you honestly believe in the fantasy that all men are brothers and we should forever care for them at all costs you have clearly predicted our fate with that attitude. The majority of the rest of the world behaves in a far different manner then such foolhardedness. Go visit the rest of this planet. And I dont mean on some vacation trip. Take a nice long 2 or 3 year tour and cold hard stare at how brutal, but honest reality is. We in America live in denial. That injustice, unfairness, disparity doesnt live closely alongside properity. Just because we consider ourselves edjucated, fair, caring doesnt mean anything. Other then make such people feel good.

And why are you stating I am attacking the unemployed or poor? Nowhere did I call them names. Did I blame the state of our economy on them specifically? Just that they are indeed a drain requireing defined limits. Thats not blaming, thats stating a fact. My very point was to purposefully illustrate the fact that insane social programs cannot continue. Because its not the Federal Government's job. Now you want to fire on me because I'm opinionated, thats normal. I dont blame you for that.

You can qoute all the garbage you want out of the Constitution by its language. But equally as important you better use it in context to its intent. We "the people" was meant to describe us as a whole. Even the "Rich and Elite". Not to fit terms easily biased according to social status. Its tough looking in the mirror. We should all be forced to do it more often. I will state it again. Some hard choices are going to have to be made. Doesnt matter who disagrees. Those are the cold hard facts. Take it as you like. Your going have to oppose such decisions or support them. I hope you all have the courage to not pass that off to your children and grandchildren. Because as we are operating now, its our destiny.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if I was attacking you or your opinions. It is just that I often hear that the unemployed or those on public assistance are lazy. Granted, and I do agree, that some are abusing the system. It's just not the majority. The average person did not create the mess that this country is in. Yet we bear the brunt of its affects. And you are correct, it is not the governments job to dole out handouts. This includes other nations, corporations and banks. There are far too many reasons why this country is in the state that it currently is in. "Insane" social programs are a part of the problem. I will give you that. Not the cause of the problem. But poor policies, I believe are the major cause of today's issues. 70 percent of our economy is based on consumer spending. So to keep our economy going, some think that It's best to put more money in the hands of those who will spend it. This is where some of the entitlement programs come in. I firmly don't believe that entitlements such as this are a good long term strategy. We need to bring manufacturing back here. Reduce the burdens on employers to manufacture here (including out of control healthcare costs) and reduce their influence on our governments operations. What we are feeling today is the effects of many years of bad policies from Washington. From both sides of the aisle. Once again, my apologies if I seemed to be attacking your opinions. That was not my intent. I just believe in that old saying “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." Somewhere someone thought it was a good ideal to give him a fish while others blame him for the lake drying up.
    Government Moto:

We have public school here now for 6 months olds. I think your behind the times in understanding just how large Government is now. The Post Office has lost 8 billion dollars the last two years, Gov. cannot run anything correctly. Gov. needs to get the hell out of the way and give power back to the states and locals. And yes, I think if your parents are on food stamps for 25 years, the kids grow up and think it's normal to be on food stamps, not all but many.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if I was attacking you or your opinions. It is just that I often hear that the unemployed or those on public assistance are lazy. Granted, and I do agree, that some are abusing the system. It's just not the majority. The average person did not create the mess that this country is in. Yet we bear the brunt of its affects. And you are correct, it is not the governments job to dole out handouts. This includes other nations, corporations and banks. There are far too many reasons why this country is in the state that it currently is in. "Insane" social programs are a part of the problem. I will give you that. Not the cause of the problem. But poor policies, I believe are the major cause of today's issues. 70 percent of our economy is based on consumer spending. So to keep our economy going, some think that It's best to put more money in the hands of those who will spend it. This is where some of the entitlement programs come in. I firmly don't believe that entitlements such as this are a good long term strategy. We need to bring manufacturing back here. Reduce the burdens on employers to manufacture here (including out of control healthcare costs) and reduce their influence on our governments operations. What we are feeling today is the effects of many years of bad policies from Washington. From both sides of the aisle. Once again, my apologies if I seemed to be attacking your opinions. That was not my intent. I just believe in that old saying “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." Somewhere someone thought it was a good ideal to give him a fish while others blame him for the lake drying up.

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    We have public school here now for 6 months olds. I think your behind the times in understanding just how large Government is now. The Post Office has lost 8 billion dollars the last two years, Gov. cannot run anything correctly. Gov. needs to get the hell out of the way and give power back to the states and locals. And yes, I think if your parents are on food stamps for 25 years, the kids grow up and think it's normal to be on food stamps, not all but many.
    I don't think I'm behind the times on the size of our government. I see it and live it every day. I've been around long enough to see how much it has grown. I just think it's ridiculous to blame it on one person. I understand the helplessness and hopelessness that we are feeling. But really, is this one mans fault? We've been complaining about this for years. I've heard the same things about Bush when he was in office. Before that it was Clinton, and before that it was Bush and before that it was Reagan and so on....Same issues. Different presidents.
    Government Moto:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast