Thread: Is this true?

Default Is this true?

MC_LimitedRun.jpg

Tower shows the MC now as a Limited Run with ETA of Early Dec. Wonder what's up with that?

It must be...its on the net...

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    It must be...its on the net...
    I posted here, not because I believe it, but hoping that Grim would respond. These have been out of stock for a while, which could easily lead one to believe they are having manufacturing issues.

I hope grim also responds to this.I am gonna be trying out my motley crew on its maiden voyage tommorow.
    I got mine from gonitrohobbies on ebay after waiting 2 months of having it backordered at tower and did not want to wait any longer.
    I replaced the stock flex cable with one from OSE and greased it up today.I also had an issue with the esc not arming.
    I called aquacraft and after speaking with 3 reps I got the issue resolved.The esc would keep beeping and not arm
    After a bunch or troubleshooting found out needed to have a lil throttle trim set forward(not neutral)on the transmitter or the esc would not arm correctly.
    1st 2 guys told me bad esc,transmitter,or receiver and to send it in.(without any troubleshooting)3rd tech at aq (thank you mike) helped me get it working correctly.
    I also noticed the strut bushing moving a little bit and am wondering if that is normal if anyone know?
    Thanks everyone and I will post my results.

Cool

I also noticed the strut bushing moving a little bit and am wondering if that is normal if anyone know?
    It is supposed to float in the strut, but due to some manufacturing issues it often does not. If yours does then it is functioning correctly.

The trim setting is a very well-known reason for the ESC not arming - this goes back over two years to the introduction of the UL-1 radio. It is not a radio problem, just one of not setting the trim correctly. I am disappointed that the AQ techs didn't know this right off the bat.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I got mine from Paradise Hobbies in Fla 2 weeks ago. They had three now they are no longer listing them. I see one is available
    on EBAY. Would be cool if AQ made a production of this boat in another color scheme. I'd like another but don't really
    need 2 identical boats. Since they have been selling like crazy why would production stop. Doesn't make sense.
    This boat is working really well for me. I too see the strut bushing loose - I don't know if this is normal or not.

I'm still waiting for the replacement flex cables that they are supposed to send me cause the stock one broke. When I called them again, they said that they will ship it out as soon as they have a fix for the flex cables. They probably won't ship out any boats until they have a flex cable that won't break after a couple of runs. Maybe Steve is busy making them for aquacraft. LOL

I noticed that the review article was completely pulled from rc driver magazine. It's in the index, yet all the pages are missing. Seems fishy.

Well just got back from my maiden voyage with my motley crew and it ran great.It was quite fast on 2 25c 4700 spc lipos (not bad for 24 buks a piece) and handled like it was on rails.No leaks or water inside at all and temps on motor after about 4 mins or so about 105 on motor and esc.I really enjoy this boat and it handled a heck of alot better than my spartan.I look forward to putting a metal prop on it and seeing what she will do.Thanks for all of your help guys and I will get up a video of it next time I go out.

It does handle like it is on rails Hitting full lock 180 turns at WOT is no problem in calm water. Before mine got in the water I upgraded the Flex cable, collet, installed a thrust bearing, and am running a 42v55. I ran the M445 twice but it gets a little hot. I will be upgrading to the dual cooling system list in this section. I haven't had in very rough water yet but I did manage to launch it after raising the strut up and it caught major air. I've been running 2 Turnigy 2s 40c 5000Mah packs. I'm a little concerned about how well it will do in windy conditions, dicing with other boats, or wave womping behind a full size boat. But I'm going to try it. I looked at the Spartan but I back away hearing about all the problems. I am interested on how a DeepVee handles waves and wind compared to the MC>

So still no real info on what's going on with these? The info hasn't changed on Tower's page...still says December, Limited Run.

i got one on order too and i'm hoping to run it before the ice gets here but last time i checked with the local shop is would be here mid Sept.

I run my boats out on the resivour and had some pretty decent chop and wind the other day and the motley was awsome. Headed into the wind I crashed a couple times but cross wind and tail wind was awsome! I was running my batteries right up against the motor mount. Run times and temps were way better also campared to when the water is smooth. I have had good luck with the stainless proboat 4019 prop made for the stileto. I keep wittleing another one down trying to get a metal prop to run without cooking things on 5s. I run a ammo 1200kv motor in my sv27 on 5cells and run times are good and temps low. I would like to try this motor in the motley and possibly on 6s We head out to play early in the day, the fisherman are already put and the tubers and skiers don't come out untill later.

i hate back order. so much for getting this boat before the ice starts setting

Quote Originally Posted by LordNegaDuck View Post
    i hate back order. so much for getting this boat before the ice starts setting

no problem, just put some blades on the bottom and run an airplane prop and you've got the ultimate airboat for ice racing. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by burgerchow1 View Post
    no problem, just put some blades on the bottom and run an airplane prop and you've got the ultimate airboat for ice racing. LOL
    no need i have this piece to do an air boat with
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmgPLp62CLA