Thread: help to chose prop please

Default help to chose prop please

hey every one i got traxxas spartan i know well thats what i have and i took bad staff out and put in 1600kv did not like it so i deside to put 1800kv so now i have 1800 with 1600kv jacket and 180a esc i need prop for it to make it go fast i dont care about heat at i got my 1600kv to like maybe 80f it was not even worm with 6s so please tell me which prop would be best and cheap please thank you all

i was thinking http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=oct-x646 will the shaft fit i hate this 3/16 i dont know what it is how many inch is 4.7mm

I used the Prather 225 and my boat ripped. I had the Castle 1520 w/ 180a ESC

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...i-prather-s225

Here is a video of my Spartan running that setup.

Yes, the X646 will fit your prop shaft. The Spartan has a 3/16" shaft size.

I would be cautious propping up too large on the 1800kv motor. I tried running a 2000kv motor with a prather 215 and blew the ESC.

I would suggest starting with an x642 and see how things go before propping up any more.

Also, be aware that metal props require balancing and sharpening before running them.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    Yes, the X646 will fit your prop shaft. The Spartan has a 3/16" shaft size.

I would be cautious propping up too large on the 1800kv motor. I tried running a 2000kv motor with a prather 215 and blew the ESC.

I would suggest starting with an x642 and see how things go before propping up any more.

Also, be aware that metal props require balancing and sharpening before running them.

Kevin
    man thanks a lot for the help well which prop would be cheap and ready to role

Composite props like these are the alternative to metal props. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...t=Carbon+Props

The 42mm prop is pretty much the same as the stock Spartan Prop

The 45mm might work ok, larger diameter, but not overly aggressive on pitch.

These props are cheap and ready to run. The down side is they chip easily and they flex under load so you loose some performance vs a similar metal prop.

You can buy metal props already balanced and polished, but they are pricey ($35 - $50) and there is often a wait time while they are prepared.

If you go with composite props, buy 3 or 4 at a time, they do chip easily.

Kevin

cool thanks man i order one i think 1.9 by 2.3 or 2.6 will see how it goes when i get my boat ready stile need esc