Thread: Best Aquacraft metal prop for MG

Default Best Aquacraft metal prop for MG

I recently tried ordering PRB4019 1.6 x 2.5 SS prop for my MG. My LHS has told me that it is on backorder until late October, but they are able to get all Aquacraft props from the distributor. What Aquacraft metal prop most closely resembles the stock MG prop??

Thanks for the help and advice......

dunno what AC prop is closest to the stock one(prather 215/ 220 is ) But the 42x55 would be a well used choice.

But try try the octura M445. I liked it. Got mine all S/B from Funrcboats.com

A video with some dif. props in it.

Drammen rock City

I run both the grimracer 42/55 and the Octura M445. Both are good props but I like the M445 the best.
    Watercraft Performance & ATV
    wppracing.com

Ordered the grim racer 42 X 55 today...

Thanks...

I would say to get the M445 if they have it(where did you order from ?)
    Drammen rock City

Quote Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
    I would say to get the M445 if they have it(where did you order from ?)
    Unfortunately, my LHS's supplier does not stock Octura, so I have to go with Grim racer for now. The Octura would cost me a fortune to have shipped across the border...

I really need to move up to a metal prop...the cost of the composite props is starting to add up!!!

It amazes me that the stock ESC rated for 45amps handles that prop as well as it does. I was just looking at my Eagle Tree data and that prop pulls a constant 60 amps and went over 80amps in a few turns.

If your power plant can handle it you may consider an Octura x645. This prop probably would not be a good choice with the stock setup however. Octura props cost less than Grim Racer props and are thinner allowing them to spin with less resistance. On the other hand what I like about the Grim Racer props is they come closer to ready to install thogh you still need to balance them and may want to sharpen them as well. You can get an Octura x645 prop for $12.99 at O.S.E. and it is a faster prop than any Grim racer prop that will fit this boat while still allowing you plenty of prop angle adjustment. That's probably as agressive as I would want to go with this boat.

P.S. I would check my temps often with this prop or reserve it for coooler days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8368258...ool-381997@N21

Just wanted to see what y'all think of setting this boat up with a brushless system.
    Last edited by ecoovert; 08-19-2011 at 05:11 PM.

OK...got my grim racer prop today...42 x 55

just so we are clear before I run it, am I safe with the stock setup and 2S, 20C dynamite packs?

don't want to burn anything up : (

what temps should I consider to be unsafe after a brief test run?

Thanks for the help...

You will be fine with that prop and stock set up. My observation is that prop will pull 60amps consistently with highs of 80. So it will run hot but you should be good. I would say anything under 150 for the motor and 120 or less on the esc. For me the heat was in the deans and motor connectors.

Consider switching our your connectors. The larger ones will still get hot but the heat will dissipate faster.

Quote Originally Posted by d.a.v.e View Post
    You will be fine with that prop and stock set up. My observation is that prop will pull 60amps consistently with highs of 80. So it will run hot but you should be good. I would say anything under 150 for the motor and 120 or less on the esc. For me the heat was in the deans and motor connectors.

Consider switching our your connectors. The larger ones will still get hot but the heat will dissipate faster.
    thanks, d.a.v.e. , for the info...

ran her today and that prop is pretty sweet....now if I can get rid of the wah-wah, I'll be really happy. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! offset rudder was first, then moved the batts all the way forward, then back, and all points in between.

any advice??? BTW, I've read all posts regarding this to the point of nausea, but everyone has an opinion...which is fine..but can someone give me a solution that works 100%??

Thanks!

Have you set the strut even with the ride pads, and at 0*? How far is "all the way forward" for the batteries? They way I set mine was, I marked the 9" COG from the transom forward on the battery trays, then marked center on my batteries. I them moved the batteries forward 1/2" at a time until the boat ran smooth. Others use different methods. This one worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Have you set the strut even with the ride pads, and at 0*? How far is "all the way forward" for the batteries? They way I set mine was, I marked the 9" COG from the transom forward on the battery trays, then marked center on my batteries. I them moved the batteries forward 1/2" at a time until the boat ran smooth. Others use different methods. This one worked for me.
    Thnaks for the advice...I'll give that a try!

Skholar

My experience has been the wa wa wa never goes 100% away, but I can get get it down to an acceptable level of about 80% reduction. Each prop is different and will require a slightly different strut adjustment. Yesterday I was running, tried running a set of 4 cells all the way forward, no bounce and a bit slower run. I put in 2 x 2c and the bounce was back full force but had a faster run. Neather were the ideal set up but I was just playing with different things last night.

on the factory setup with 2x 2s 5000's and the offset strut the wawaa on mine was about gone but when i put in a 120 esc on the stock motor and 4s2p and m445 prop now mine waawaa's again..

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    on the factory setup with 2x 2s 5000's and the offset strut the wawaa on mine was about gone
    So where were the battery centres with respect to the transom in this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Skholar View Post
    So where were the battery centres with respect to the transom in this setup?
    Mine seems to work best with the batterys at the back of the tray.