Thread: Miss Geico rough start up on 5S

Default Miss Geico rough start up on 5S

New guy to FE but not RC. Anyway. Tried 5S in my Miss Geico and it is starting very rough but seems to work fine after rough start up . Boat is basically stock w/ 5mm connectors, sbec and a x642 prop. It worked just fine on 4S but rough starting w/ 5S. Any ideas? Or is it the nature of the beast? Thanks! MM

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
    New guy to FE but not RC. Anyway. Tried 5S in my Miss Geico and it is starting very rough but seems to work fine after rough start up . Boat is basically stock w/ 5mm connectors, sbec and a x642 prop. It worked just fine on 4S but rough starting w/ 5S. Any ideas? Or is it the nature of the beast? Thanks! MM
    Are you running your boat stock? One thing you might try is adjusting your center of gravity. Going from 4s to 5s may have changed your center of gravity and it could be a simple as that. What exactly do you mean by starting very rough? I am running mine on 6s with a bigger motor and esc and mine doesn't smooth out until I get it to about 55mph. That may be your issue if you are refering to porpoising. That's where the nose of the boat bounces up and down.

be careful with the esc on 5 s
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I will be careful w/ 5s. The start up of the motor is rough. It sounds like it is missing on a cylinder before it smooths out. I should probably up grade the esc w/ something w/ more amp capacity. The boat runs smooth over the water. Just looking for speed w/ low cost. Thought 5s should help which it did. Any ideas about fast speeds w/ low cost? Thought about Tacon 4074 2000kv or 2150 kv w/ a hobby wing 180amp esc and a x642 prop. What do you think? Thanks again!

That should do it.I've got a 1515 and hobbywing 180,642 and it seems to rip good