Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club

Default SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club

For anyone in the southern California area interested in Fast Electric Boats I encourage you to keep tuned into this thread for information on club activities. Currently, the SoCal Fast Electrics Club is in a very informal state with the following officers:

Tony, Properchopper - President
    Mark, Mark F, V-President
    Joe, Questtek, Sec

There is a treasurer but I think he has not been released from jail quite yet.

Per our President, Tony, the SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club had only one Rule:
    Rule #1 - There are no rules.

Membership is open to all provided you are breathing. If you happen not to meet this qualification you may qualify as a non-voting club member provided your appear in person to the membership committee.

Here is a video on our last outing, yesterday..............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2vv...=youtube_gdata

For FE boaters in the area I extend an invitation to you to come run with us in Lake Forest, Ca on the private lake that I live on. (At the intersection of the 5 and 405 freeways). Next run near the end of Sept, 2011.

I live orange and work in lake forest. It would be awesome to run with you guys. I will keep an eye on this post. Thanks, Charles

There will be a run day in Lake Forest today, Wed, Sept 28th for anyone living in so California. All are invited to join in. Run is from 11 AM to 4 PM on a private lake. Lunch provided. For more information or directions call: (949) 587-1079. Best, Joe

Are u guys still around? I live in SoCal and would love to have some guys to drive with

Too bad you just contacted me.......we had a run on my lake last Thursday with all the guys. There are a bunch of things happening at Legg Lake for the FE's so we probably will not get together again until after that. Please contact Tony, (properchopper), he is the president of SoCal FE club so he can put you on our official invite mailing list! Best, Joe

I am interested in "Fast Electric Boats". Do you sell fast electric boats? If yes then what is the price rage and what is the shipment process to Asia?

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Anybody still in this club?

Cool

Contact this guy.

properchopper

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by microboatdude View Post
    Anybody still in this club?
    We'll be racing at Legg Lake (South El Monte) Sept 6-7. Come down !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    We'll be racing at Legg Lake (South El Monte) Sept 6-7. Come down !
    Sweet. Might check it out. Any local lakes in OC you guy use reglularly? I've been going to Laguna Lake, and Tri-City Park in Fullerton. Seems though they are swamped with people fishing which makes it hard to do a good run at times.

What times will you guys be running? I am new to the fast electric boating and would like to check it out. I just got a BJ 29 and would like to run it and get it to stop bouncing all over the place. Also have my shelf queen Enforcer magnum 57 that I ran twice in 5 years. Do they let you run gas there?

For the Sept 6 & 7 race I get there at 7:15 a.m to set up my pits. Legg Lake is mostly a gas/nitro venue so your Enforcer is OK once you enroll in NAMBA to use the lake.

I enrolled in namba in 08' when I got the boat to run at a lake in Camarillo. I still have the binder of rules and what not. What do I have to do? Renew of some sort? Thanks!

Hello I am in Huntington Beach area. When and where to southern ca folks meet

I live in Huntington Beach. When and where do folks in southern ca meet?

Some of us will be at the SCSTA race [ P-Ltd Cat / 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale classes ] at Legg Lake Sunday 9/21

To run at Legg or Camarillo you'll need a current NAMBA membership

Hi, I just discovered your info. I live in Lake Forest, CA, about 5 minutes from the lake. So how can I hook up with you guys as I need a fresh water spot to run my 3 RC boats. Thanks, John Lucas: lucasj10@cox.net

I know formal racing is over for the season but I'm wondering why we can't organize a fun run day. Still plenty of good weather left

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I know formal racing is over for the season but I'm wondering why we can't organize a fun run day. Still plenty of good weather left

We'll talk. BTW; congrats :

scroll down some Points-2014_SCSTA-1.pdf

Thank you. If only I cold focus. Would have been real close if I didn't miss the first heat. I'm jacked for next season. Work has been going well so as long as that continues I will have a full fleet for next year. And I'll register on time!!!

Happy belated by the way.

Hi guys.... just wanted to let you know I am alive (most of the time), wondering when Joe is having another water day?
    I miss the sandwiches
    lol
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Hi guys.... just wanted to let you know I am alive (most of the time), wondering when Joe is having another water day?
    I miss the sandwiches
    lol
    Not sure if anybody has heard from joe recently.

Im new to this site and r/c boats. I bought a used UL-1 Superior. Do people run at Bonelli Park? What happened to Prado lake? Do I need insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime0022 View Post
    Im new to this site and r/c boats. I bought a used UL-1 Superior. Do people run at Bonelli Park? What happened to Prado lake? Do I need insurance?
    Most all of the SoCal FE activity is at Legg Lake in South El Monte. Need a NAMBA membership to use the lake(which includes insurance). I don't know about Bonelli or Prado. Lots of activity at Hansen Reservoir

No lake insurance at Prado lake can't run there. Weeds are also to high and deep( away from the shore) to run.

Any boaters still alive in OC area???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by microboatdude View Post
    Any boaters still alive in OC area???

Our member who has a private lake in Lake Forest has been inactive for a few years. We mostly just show up to race at Legg Lake . Check the NAMBA D19 site for race schedules [SCSTA]

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Our member who has a private lake in Lake Forest has been inactive for a few years. We mostly just show up to race at Legg Lake . Check the NAMBA D19 site for race schedules [SCSTA]
    Thanks Properchopper. I got back in the boat game again after a couple years break.

My preferred small lake is at Tri-City Park in Placentia, CA.

Tri-City Park
    2301 N Kraemer Blvd, Placentia, CA 92870

https://goo.gl/maps/cwttTRwaCuy

I like to go there Saturday late afternoons sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast