Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SoCal Fast Electric Boat Club

Quote Originally Posted by microboatdude View Post
    Thanks Properchopper. I got back in the boat game again after a couple years break.

My preferred small lake is at Tri-City Park in Placentia, CA.

Tri-City Park
    2301 N Kraemer Blvd, Placentia, CA 92870

https://goo.gl/maps/cwttTRwaCuy

I like to go there Saturday late afternoons sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Looks like a nice spot. There was a very active FE scene at the lake in the Anaheim-Placentia area just east of N. Tustin Ave. South of La Palma Ave.in the 1990's - The Pond Skimmers were very active there until it closed up. Mark F. was a participant.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Just getting into electric RC boats and I was looking for a club to learn from and such. Any one still getting together? I'm not really interested in racing, should I join NAMBA? Where do you all go just to practice and test your boats? What are the best spots near Irvine?

I'm working on a boat design and would like to test it locally. Any ideas?

Bret

Bret,

Legg Lake in South El Monte is the go-to pond in SoCal. Full race course, private entrance, drive up to pits lakeside. Must be NAMBA member + buy gate key which allows access to rescue rowboat. I don't know of any water near Irvine (I'm in South Bay) - used to have a member with a lake in OC but no more. E-mail me your phone number (rcboatbuild@hotmail.com) & we can talk.

Tony
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12