Thread: Custom Set of Trim Tabs..and some Boat Pics

Default Custom Set of Trim Tabs..and some Boat Pics

Iv'e noticed a few Mono Hull Boats on this Forum that all seem to have the Trim Tabs closer to the strut and look longer than normal.
    Figured I would try it on the inside set of holes seeing that the stock trim tabs are barely in the water at full speed.
    Im going to give the boat some good hard runs over the weekend and see if they help with stability...

I will try get some video up this weekend with results..

i may be wrong cheese but to me it looks like you may need to increase the gap between the drive dog n strut or your going to break a cable n loose a prop etc.
    just a thought!!

your also going to have major water leakage from what i can see in the pics you have moved the cable out of the collet to far and moved the drive dog forward to be able to fit that blue bullet nut on. not a goog idea. see how the prop stub is now out of the stuffing tube? watewr can now climb up the stuffing tube easier.

Hey Wilsta, I didn't have the electronics in the boat when I took that picture but I wanted to show the prop. I pushed the cable in the whole way for the pic but when the motor is installed I still have the factory gap between the strut and drive dog. I didn't change anything accept for the Trim Tabs.

Stock gap with everything installed...

As far as the prop nut, I installed the stock nut first and then put the bullet nut on just to dress it up. The thread is too long to only use the bullet nut, it doesn't screw on all the way..... Good Observations though

What is the proper gap between the drivedog and the end of the strut with the spartan?
    Looking between the hull and the front of the strut should there be any if the stub showing?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp1174 View Post
    What is the proper gap between the drivedog and the end of the strut with the spartan?
    Looking between the hull and the front of the strut should there be any if the stub showing?
    General rule of thumb, approx. the diameter of the cable.

Each model of boat can be a bit different depending on the length of the cable and how much torque is on the drive line, but one diameter of the cable is a good starting point.

Kevin