Thread: RC boat transporter

Default RC boat transporter

Got tired of making 15 trips from the basement to the back of the wife's pilot when going to the lake.

a little 1/2" PVC,some glue, and a few bungee cords and away you go.

oh ya the middle boat is my wife's tweety boat.. she got tired of using the camera and wanted her own boat.

Haha I am about to start a spongebob mean machine for my girlfriend!
    I love the stacked stand! This would make filling up my Element with boats muchhh easier.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

I've got something similar to this in the works... how difficult is it to carry when loaded?

Looks great, good job!
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

not hard the boats don't weigh all that much. ran about 15-20 in pvc and cheap home depot paint. the 1/2" pipe insulation was 99cents a piece. only need three for this project.

This is what I built the other day, but I'm in the process of cutting out the corners and rebuilding them so that one and the 2nd one I'm in the process of building will interlock and stack on top of eachother. A simple screw in the connectors & they'll be removable as well.

Transport Rig.jpg

the 2nd one is an improvement on that design, it'll simplify it a bit. A bungee cord wraps from the sides & around the single top pipe to keep everything in place nicely too.

I like that the pvc is a cheap material to build with & makes for a fun project no matter what you build with it!

that's a sweet looking design. for me the three works for now till i end up getting a motley grew next summer. what kind of paint did you use for the gold. i am thinking of redoing the paint on my sv27 this winter once the season is over.

I used "Duplicolor Engine Enamel" rattlecan in yellow, gold, black, and the clear too.

I like the color choices in that line of paint & figure it's gotta be pretty darn durable for rattlecan options.

That Motely Crew is a really good looking hull, I kinda wish they had a simpler paint scheme though. I'm currently holding out for the Mystic catamaran, but we'll see if it even gets released before the Minnesota lakes freeze over this year :/

going to make another stand for the wife's apparition/ tweety boat. simple though. couple 90s and tees. post pics once done.

Any pics of the new stand yet?

Well I finally snapped pictures of my rig(s) if you want to see. 3 separate stands, with removable protection/carrying assemblies as well. PLUS, they all bolt together to haul everything at once. I'm really pleased with it!
    Boat Stand 1.jpgBoat Transport 1.jpgTriple Boat Transport 1.jpgTriple Boat Transport 2.jpg

I finally built a rack a couple of weeks ago
    Attached Images Attached Images