Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impulse 31 totalled.......

Default Impulse 31 totalled.......

So after talking with proboat today they said the reason why i was having problems with the boat cutting out was due to the batteries i was using. Apparently 40c is to low of a discharge rate. they said i need to use 50C. So i went down to my lhs and bought some new lipos (thunderpower). With in 30 seconds of my run the boat took off by itself and crashed into a rock. TOTALLED. the boat sank as far as im concerned. I called proboat back and they said they cant send me out a new boat. Pretty ticked off right now. $400 for the boat plus $250 for lipos down the drain.

I bet it was fast. Seriously that is no fun at all. Sorry to hear of this loss.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Wait, Didn't you have 20c lipos?
    Did you EVER range test it after the initial problem you had or did you just throw it back in the pond?

Also, did you ever put new batteries in your transmitter?

yes i did range test and it was fine. i have 20c lipos and 40c lipos. And i did put new batteries in the radio. the boat crashed with 2-2s 5000 50c lipos that i had just purchased from my lhs.

So, what could the issue have been. Doesnt make much sense here. Checked fine on land. 40c was well more than enough. Any pics of the carnage? Nothing got wet? Ever?

Ouch that sucks!

Did you get the boat back or is it on the bottom with Davey Jones?

That blows. Sorry to hear about that. But seriously recovery of anything salvageable is in your best interest.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

It beats me man. I think it was the esc and receiver. It wasn't the radio because i used the one from my geico and the same problem happened. no pics. the boat is gone it sank. from what i saw the boat basically exploded when it hit the rock. such a nice boat to.

how did it hit a rock then sink? Arent rocks usually on shore?
    Did steering go out also?

yes the steering went out. the boat hit a small island thats about 200 yards out from where i was running it. but the rock the i hit was like a wall. and i no the drop off out there is pretty deep.

That kind of loss will make a guy re-think rc boats as a hobby. I know its more frustrating than land rc vehicles.

I really doubt your 40C batteries were the issue here....

Sorry hear what happen to your boat.
    But if it was me i would have to go snorkeling this week for it.
    Was it salt water or fresh water ?

The 40c/50c story just doesnt make sense................that boat can run on 20c 5000 batts if a person wanted to, the batts would get a bit warm but it wouldnt make a difference in it going wild as aopposed to 40 or 50c. Why would they tell you it runs on 50c, cuz thats just plain false. It was a radio issue i'm bettin'.

Here are Proboats "specs" directly from their site:

Length: 31 in (787mm)
    Beam: 9 in (229mm)
    Motor Size: 1800Kv brushless water-cooled
    Radio: Pro Boat 2.4GHz pistol grip transmitter/Spektrum MR200 receiver
    Speed Control: 60-amp brushless water-cooled
    Hull Material: Fiberglass composite
    Prop Size: 1.6 in x 2.5 in
    Hull Type: Fiberglass Deep-V
    Battery: 2-7.2V Ni-MH sub-C or 7.4 Li-Po 20C+ (not included)
    Kit/RTR: RTR
    Drive System: Flex shaft/direct
    Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

yeah batteries arent the issue. who did you talk to, some turd in sales? whatever, ive had nothing but problems with all my proboat stuff. they make cool hulls tho. cant say much for the crap inside the hull huh huh jmtc

I would track down the guy you spoke to. 40c had nothing to do with it
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I dip my servo plugs and recievers into corrosion X overnight. Servos go berserk sometimes due to water at the reciever and the plugs not the servo itself.

Should of went with the traxxas had mine out today real bad chop the boat drove like a dream so much fun sorry to hear about your boat really

That is awful!
    I bet they thought the LVC was turning on.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

I called proboat back today and told them they gave me false information about the batteries. I tried to track down the tech i was speaking to but i didn't have much luck. I don't think theres anything else i can do from here. the boat is gone so i don't have any evidence to send them. Im pretty surprised that they cant do anything for me. Long story short they told me i would have to go buy a new boat. If anyone has any ideas as to how i can get a new boat from proboat let me no. I really don't want to have to buy another one. But if it comes down to it i might.

know anyone that dives? maybe they can get it out of the pond for ya.....check with any local dive clubs etc....its all u got right now.....proboat is gettting awfull customer service lately...bunch of know it alls that really dont know anything about boats
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Sorry to hear about you boat man, that sucks.

I had runaway problems with one of my boats when the capacitors on the ESC were about to fail, the boat would start by itself and run for few seconds without any throttle input.

Once I've replaced the caps the problem disappeared.

Had a nitro boat radio quit working and it was stuck at wot on the lake. I was in a paddle boat out on the lake already (because if u stall a nitro that how I got it back) I was a paddling fast as i could to get that thing. I had a bunch of work I did to it and didn't want it destroyed. Lucky it got into some grassy area on bank and sorta stuck. So no harm was done.

I dont no of any local dive clubs around. even if i could find a way out there god knows how deep it is. GP73 i think you could be right. what you said describes exactly what happened with my boat.

i blame the esc on this one.sorry for your loss.ive dealt with proboat reps on the phone when i was having problems with my fastech nitro,and they had IQ's of tree bark.i'd be pissed.

Damn that really sucks

If you know were it sank and there is a sea wall there you could get a really big magnet on a piece of rope and try to get it that way.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

Id even try a fishing pole and something to catch onto (hook) the running gear then pull it up. Worth a shot if you can get over to the area it crashed and stand there doing it. I've lost stainless props and even spent hours with a magnet drag line. Several magnets spread out hunting for my lost props. Bout all I found were magnetic rocks and hooks lol. But a whole boat would be easier to find than just a prop.

I like the magnet on a rope idea... got any old subwoofers you could rip the big ol' magnets out of? Could be enough pull to retrieve your boat, if you can find it.
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast