Thread: HELP: Impulse 31 PROBLEM!!

Default HELP: Impulse 31 PROBLEM!!

So i bought my impulse 31 today. After i finished setting everything up i brought it down to the local lake. about a minute in to my run the boat would start to cut out for a split second and then go again. it did this about 10 times. After that the boat just took off by itself in full speed. its like the throttle go stuck. Almost crashed. And then it stopped. What the F**K is wrong with my boat. Im shocked never had a problem with pro boat. And i did use the programming chip to set up the ESC. Did I miss something when setting up the boat????

Sorry to hear that..........no need for the F-bomb on here though. Sounds like a radio issue, were your batts new in the radio? Others will surely chime in and help ya out.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

your right, no need for the F-bomb at all. sorry about that. im just mad because i dropped almost 400 on the boat. im sure its something simple. But yea the batteries are brand new in the remote.

What size and c rating are your lipos? Stock prop? Did it get wet inside?

Sounds like a radio problem, have you range tested it on land yet? Would be the first place I'd start. Plug it all in, turn everything on and walk down the block while somebody plays with the radio, see how far you get.
    Doesn't really sound like the esc, it usually only does what it's told to do.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

im running to 2-2s lipo 20C and i have another set that is 40C. Prop is 42x55 Grim racer.

I never did range test it. ill try that tho. Could it be a faulty receiver?

Cool

It is tough to diagnose problems like this from afar, especially when the OP doesn't answer all the questions he's asked. The intermittent cutting out could be the cells. Depending on their quality, history and state of charge, 20C cells (what capacity?) could be overtaxed with the prop you are using, which can pull well over 85 amps on acceleration. That could cause it to hit the LVC intermittently. The runaway may be something different, although low packs can cause that problem with 2.4 gig radios. The receivers are sensitive to voltage and can cut out if the voltage supplied is too low. A wet receiver (?) can give the same problem.

"New" batteries in the transmitter - that can mean nothing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that one, only to find that replacing the cells with known new cells solved the problem. I'm not dissing you, but with cheap alkaline cells especially can you have a bad cell in a "new" pack. Again, these radios are sensitive to low voltage. I'm sure we can get you going again soon, don't despair.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

sorry to hear about the problem. Someone mentioned getting the receiver wet. I am curious to know if the MR200 receiver that comes with the boat is waterproof. I honestly think this is a radio related issue. Are you using the stock radio? did you bind the receiver to the radio.

The lipos im using are 2s 5000mah 20c. I also have another set of lipos that are 2s 5000mah 40c. i Dont think its the lipos because they work fine in my other proboat models. My receiver was completely dry along with everything else. As for the cells in my radio they should be good because they work fine in my other proboat radio. Maybe im using to much prop?? i herd that other people were running the 42x55 grim with no problem. Thanks for all your input. i really appreciate everything.

The MR200 recievers are NOT waterproof-they are water RESISTANT. Not yelling by the way. If the mr200 gets wet, they act up causing unwanted throttle and steering. When they dry out, they work fine. Spektrum makes a MR3000 that works wonders and IS water PROOF. Its completely sealed. Ive had 4 of my 3000's wet and submerged and when the water is dumped from the hull, they work fine. Just throwing this info out there about the difference between the two recievers. To the OP: Fluid knows his stuff about FE. Listen to him because he is probably right. He's kind of like the OSE "brain". Smart guy for sure. Sorry I cant be of any help with your problem.

Another thing that could be a possibility is a bad connection to the battery on the boat and then the bec turning on and off. So then if the esc turns back on with the throtle in a diff place it wound re-calibrate the throttle and make make the boat take off depending where the thottle stick is.
    But probobly a radio issue.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

Thanks for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    The MR200 recievers are NOT waterproof-they are water RESISTANT.

thats very possible to. i hope not tho. we'll find out tomorrow. I took out the stock receiver and put in the mr3000 from my miss geico. So if all goes well tomorrow than ill no its a faulty receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked1 View Post
    Another thing that could be a possibility is a bad connection to the battery on the boat and then the bec turning on and off. So then if the esc turns back on with the throtle in a diff place it wound re-calibrate the throttle and make make the boat take off depending where the thottle stick is.
    But probobly a radio issue.
    Yeah, i'd check all connections.................could have a bad solder from the factory somewhere that is arcing or cutting things out intermittantly.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=