Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impulse 31 OR Traxxas Spartan

This thread doesnt have anything to do with what your modded boat does. He wanted to know what RTR was a better value. As everyone seems to agree, it is the Proboat ( by a longshot).

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    This thread doesnt have anything to do with what your modded boat does. He wanted to know what RTR was a better value. As everyone seems to agree, it is the Proboat ( by a longshot).
    He never said RTR in his opening post, but i do agree the spirit of his thread was RTR as he said he wasnt modding it other than prop. Thats why in post #2 i shared my stance based on not modding.............i would own the fiberglass Impulse, no Spartan will occupy my Marina.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Looks like it runs nice.
    I was going to get one,
    Till i saw the problems they were having.
    Now instead looking at modding a 36" shockwave to brushless soon.

If it's like a nitro shockwave 36? and you want to make it a fast brushless? I wouldn't. My dads nitro shockwave 36 gets crazy unstable at WOT.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Yes nitro 36" shockwave, thanks for info and at what speeds gets crazy ?

Gets unstable around high 30's low 40's. It's a stock nitro one. But has a custom prop. If you bend the trim tabs down it acts better at wot but it's just going slower as the trade off.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by rinski73 View Post
    well here is a "junky toy" busting 67mph
    Ha ha ha...That's great! A 67Mph Spartan with a healthy run time. That thing is rippin'. Great Job rinski. What voltage are you pounding into that C/C 1515? It's screamin' that's for sure.
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

Quote Originally Posted by chummer View Post
    Ha ha ha...That's great! A 67Mph Spartan with a healthy run time. That thing is rippin'. Great Job rinski. What voltage are you pounding into that C/C 1515? It's screamin' that's for sure.
    The speedo gave 6 beeps.............seems like he's crammin' 6s into it
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    The speedo gave 6 beeps.............seems like he's crammin' 6s into it
    Yeah, I think its 2200kv on 6s.....
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

how about Darin's P-Mono Impulse
    that's 4s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pn-...layer_embedded
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

What a sweet spot to runs boat's you have Rinski.
    Drammen rock City

thanks guys it is running on 6s with 2200kv 1515 castle and it is the perfect place to run
    IF IT DON'T GO FAST WHY HAVE IT

Not for long! That setup is pulling huge amps!!

its been like that for 6 months getting run on average 10 times a week and not one proplem

I knew you'd say something like that. 240 runs huh? I doesn't take a genius to see that that setup is disastrous. A 1515 1y on even just 4s is really pushing it in a 37" mono.

With all your claimed experience you should know that though.

Reason I'm keyboard battling is because if other guys running this rtr see this they will try the same thing. And it is NOT a good idea.

I knew you'd say something like that. 240 runs huh? I doesn't take a genius to see that that setup is disastrous. A 1515 1y on even just 4s is really pushing it in a 37" mono.

With all your claimed experience you should know that though.

Reason I'm keyboard battling is because if other guys running this rtr see this they will try the same thing. And it is NOT a good idea. ok i just knew that you that you was gonna bash me again im sorry i crushed your ego by running that fast but how would you know anything about what this boat will or wont do since your holyness is to good to have one this setup works just fine so since you know everything jump on ur little moped rush home and rub your crystal ball and see what im doin right now and you will see that its not worrying about my setup everyone on this forum has been good with this but you are bn an ass

Hey, bud. I'm not trying to get in a pissing match here.
    It's just a FACT that what you are doing is a recipe for disaster. I don't need to prove anything here. Many more experienced guys than myself will agree with what I am saying.

I knew where this was going as soon as you said that you had to prove people wrong with your setup.

Then number of people that have tried and failed with 6s and the castle 2200 motor have greatly out numbered the successful. But thats only coming from the guy that sells the esc's, what do I know. :-)
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

ok look rum i am neither wanting to get into any kind of match with anyone but how do you figure that this motor is not good for this setup castle built this motor for 6s and i will give you credit your collection is very sweet and im sure your knowledge is equal but you have bashed me ever since this video was posted regardless of what people have me or anyone has we should all be just as welcome in the hobby world and i know this is a plastic hull boat but its still sweet that it does run this well and i do get what you are saying but bashing me for buying one i didnt think was kool i mean how would you like it just because you dont like something "spartan" does that give you the right to bash someone because they do and to end i will apologize to you for the prior post but come on rum dont down people P.S. IST NOT THE ONLY BOAT I HAVE ALL MY OTHERS ARE FIBERGLASS CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

Never wanted to bash you. I will openly bash the Spartan however.

The CC/Neu 1515 was intended for up to 6s use in land vehicles. Boats is a totally different story. Boats pull a LOT more amps. Your unloaded rpm is in SAW territory. Which is a few WOT straight line rips, and bring it in. Read Steve's post above.

SWEET VIDS BROTHER I LIKE THE DEDICATED SNOW RUNS

Thank you! I applaud your sticking with the Spartan and making it rip as well.

HERE IS A BIGGER TOY RUM AND ITS FIBERGLASS LOL
    Last edited by rinski73; 08-10-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Then number of people that have tried and failed with 6s and the castle 2200 motor have greatly out numbered the successful. But thats only coming from the guy that sells the esc's, what do I know. :-)
    and if people would not run the timing at 15 degrees they would not have the problem that is why the timing on mine is at 3degrees and i don't have issues my temps stay low along with amp draw

The 1515 is a y wind motor. It runs most efficiently (no matter the voltage) at 15 degrees. D wind motors run best at 0-10 degrees. The big problem is that a 2200 kv motor at that voltage pulls big amps with direct drive and a prop in the water. Big spikes occur during cavitation, and when the prop leaves an re enters the water ie, waves, wake crossing and turning. The esc is the first thing that will take a dump, not being able to handle the amp spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    how about Darin's P-Mono Impulse
    that's 4s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pn-...layer_embedded
    reposting this as this is Darins racer on 4s!
    I have yet to see any Spart do this ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12