Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Impulse 26 owner here

Default New Impulse 26 owner here

Hello,
    Just purchased and having fun with a Proboat Impulse 26. The only ohter boat I have owned was a Traxxas Blast so I am new to boats.
    What I am wonering is what kind of brushless system the Impulse 26 can handle. For now I will be rinning 7 cell 5000 mah nimh batteries and will eventually go to 2 cell lipo. Any help?
    Thx,
    Donny

Hay Donny welcome to the forum,, i dont have one of these boats but was thinking of getting just the hull and ive seen people doing the shockwave 26 with the Blackjack motor and esc, so i was thinking of trying it in one of the impulse 26 hulls, i just like the look of it better then the others ''shockwave etc,''.. i would try the lipo the when you want more try doing the Blackjack setup..

Can I just run 1 battery (7 cell) a a time with the blackjack system?

that would be just 7.2 volts im not sure id have to look at the specs on the system but i have that setup in my 32'' offshore deepv and i run 2x 2s 40c 5000 lipos in sieres to get 14.8 volts and it runds in the mid 30's.. check out this thread he's doing almost the same hull,, the info may help sense its almost the same boat,, https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...kwave-26-build

if you use one 7.2 battery on the BJ setup youll just be robbing yourself of the fun and power,,

The Impulse 26 doesn't really have room for 2 batteries. How about a traxxas velineon vxl esx and 3500 kv brushless motor? I have access to one of those. That's why I am usung 7 cell nimh due to 2 batts not fitting

that will probly be to hot i rant he same setup in a mini cat hull i built 17'' long and it was a bullet but super unstable and the motor got very hot,,, i just watched a youtube vid on your boat and with the single nihm it ran low to mid 20's then the guy put in a 2s lipo and it got high 20's like 27 to 29mph, so i would try that first but if you check out the thread iposted you will see what the guy had to do to put the BJ setup in it,,,PS the guy in the vid was using a x435 prop sharpend and ballanced..

What would be a good brushed motoe upgrade? I can do that then run a 2-3 cell lipo.

You may want to run a larger 3s motor that will take the heat. How much space is inside for the motor?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

the WM motor might be better since it is meant for 1 battery. a Traxxas Titan 550 12t might work nicely but I have no idea of it would be faster or not

The stock motor is a 550, so there should be lots of room for any 540XL motors.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Just wanted to let you guys know that i just posted a inner lid and rudder in the for sale area. I am giving them away and they are NIB. Free shipping too.

Impulse 26 at home on the water.Impulse Southampton.jpg

Looks cool Donny how about a vid bro!!!!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...mpulse-26-quot
    I put a video in the ved section. Threw a traxxas velineon system in it temporarily. Now I put a speed gems motor in it. Hvent run yet. will update you.

what prop are you running. i have one of these and looking to get alittle more top speed with out dropping new motors and such

I am running complete stock boat and prop other than the Traxxas Velineon Brushless ESC and Motor. I was running a 7 cell nimh during that video

yea i checked that out man very cool vid. do you know what size prop shaft it has? gonna try to find an after market prop to hopefully get some better speed

Guys... I have tested this boat with a variety of power systems... 3S fits without too much issue, and a nice 3000KV BL 4-Pole Motor and equivalent ESC on 3S REALLY goes!! I placed the 3S 5400 mAh pack sideways towards the rear of the boat and the balance seemed to be good. The same power system on 2S is also respectable, so this system will give you some options.

Please keep in mind that this is intended to be an "entry level" boat, so it's not going to hold up to crash after flip after roll-over without possibly damaging the plastic.

However, mine did seem to handle the speed pretty well... surprisingly well, in fact. For having such a simple setup and hardware, it performs quite nicely with some injection of some real power...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin, what is a good next step boat? Deep v or cat, what is good on choppy water that won't break the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Darin, what is a good next step boat? Deep v or cat, what is good on choppy water that won't break the bank?
    In my opinion, the best all-around performance boat available is the Pro Boat Impulse 31 Mono... A LOT of people like cats, but in my opinion, they are limited. With the Impulse 31, you can run on stock power and have a blast in all types of water conditions, and then, when you get the $$$, you can put some bigger power in it and really go.

How does it compare to the Shockwave 26 BL?

put that brushless system in this boat and you would be cooking, shockwave is a steerable drive

Would you get an outrunner or inrunner bl motor for this boat?

Inrunner will work, But the outrunner would be new and very different feel.

What do you mean a different feel, i thought that was what was in it now was an outrunner

i've got an extra stock impulse 31 motor and speed control. Thinking about putting it into the impulse 26. Do you think the stock 26 flex shafts will hold up? I was thinking of running it on a single 3s battery

I put a Traxxas Velineon Brushless system in mine for a while. No problems with any of the stock hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerchow1 View Post
    i've got an extra stock impulse 31 motor and speed control. Thinking about putting it into the impulse 26. Do you think the stock 26 flex shafts will hold up? I was thinking of running it on a single 3s battery
    Yes... the flex shaft is a .150 flex, just like on the MG, Mystic, Impulse 31, etc... Should hold up fine.

that traxxas system seems to be working pretty good for most people..hmmmmi have a slash with one of those lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast