Thread: Traxxas Spartan Discontinued at Tower Hobbies Site!!!!

Default Traxxas Spartan Discontinued at Tower Hobbies Site!!!!

Well that's very interesting, just checked Tower's Site for stock status of the Spartan and it says "Discontinued" yesterday it still said "On Order" What is going on Traxxas

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...5708&search=Go

Peter V can you chime in here and give us an update on the progress of the new Spartan and when/ IF we can expect to see them on the shelves any time soon??

Based on what I saw going through on Horizon, they may have just changed the part number.

Tower lists it as TRA5708 discontinued, the TRA5707 is the new one with the castle system.

Horizon also has a 5707 part number

Guess they changed it to make sure people knew what they were getting.

That makes sense, sucky thing is that now it went up $40 to $421.99 yikes!!!

might not be to bad with teh castle system in it

The wholesale price also went up. I just canceled my backorders. I wont be carrying it any longer. There are better boats for close to the same money that wont disintegrate in a crash.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    That makes sense, sucky thing is that now it went up $40 to $421.99 yikes!!!
    I thought it would be closer to $475 with the new system...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    The wholesale price also went up. I just canceled my backorders. I wont be carrying it any longer. There are better boats for close to the same money that wont disintegrate in a crash.

the new mono you have for sell Steven and the new Impulse 31 is sweet
    even with the $50 off at Tower I will stay away from the spartan
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

They had a problem, fixed it, then raised the price, way to go traxxas.

I finally sold my Spartan. Traxxas sent me the new castle electronics and a new hull/hatch and as soon as i got it, it was on ebay. I have never been happier to get rid of that problem child. Now its time for the Proboat Impulse 31!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmwilson09 View Post
    I finally sold my Spartan. Traxxas sent me the new castle electronics and a new hull/hatch and as soon as i got it, it was on ebay. I have never been happier to get rid of that problem child. Now its time for the Proboat Impulse 31!!!!!!!!!
    got to say, I had a Impulse 31 in my hands lastnight and it is so nice vs the Spartan it's not even comparable
    the two are so different in quality it's unreal
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I can't blame you. I'm not sure how anyone could push the sale of this over the other RTR or ARTR boats you carry.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    They had a problem, fixed it, then raised the price, way to go traxxas.
    the mungrels have to recoup there lost profits some how lol its not as if they haven't ripped there customers off enough all ready.

When I bought my spartan, it was like $309 with a tower coupon and even then i thought that was a lot for a plastic boat. But like many of us, i wanted a rtr boat that would do 50+, even tho it never made it there. After everything I know about this boat and even with the New Castle electronics, I would never pay $420 for that boat. Now that the boat can go 50 mph, I am sure Traxxas will make a lot of their money back selling replacement hulls. One nose dive, flip or crash and that hull is probably toast.