Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC prop's

Default CNC prop's

Im wondering about cnc prop's ....if they are milled im guessing that they are balanced because the blades should be all the same...any info

Cheers
    HOTR 32" Neu 1515 112 kph / Etti Demon rigger 3s leopard motor / 36" r2 hobbies twin tunnel with leopard 2200kv / Delta force 22 Hydro with dirty 2 pole motor / mini bolt with 380l motor good for about 60 kph

shouldn't it be like that with molded ones too? I think it's that the metal is not consistent not that it is different size.

Where do you find cnc props? Etti?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I'm not 100% positive but I thought Andy Brown at CMDI made CNC props.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

He gave it up
    Steven Vaccaro

i was more looking at the cheap ones from http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...bp3016010_4834 and the venom ones....does anybody know are they ok or are they not worth it????
    HOTR 32" Neu 1515 112 kph / Etti Demon rigger 3s leopard motor / 36" r2 hobbies twin tunnel with leopard 2200kv / Delta force 22 Hydro with dirty 2 pole motor / mini bolt with 380l motor good for about 60 kph

ive been doing a bit of reading (not my favorite past time) and it look's like CMDI gave up because the cnc props they were building had to much lift and were breaking blades off... so if somebody was to make cnc props (thinking of trying to get a mate to make me some he owns a cnc shop) would they make them out of maybe stainless and make them very similar to octura specs and maybe they would work ok?????

I know the full cdmi story and blades breaking wasn't the reason. I have a couple of his and they are still great. That's not to say the blades didn't break, because many very high applications did. If you could have them made in stainless that would be great.
    Steven Vaccaro

i know you can't flat out copy a prop but if i was to style the prop's blades would you use octura,abc,prop shop or prather....

Just to say to i wasn't putting cdmi down at all....i have 2 of there props left and i love them but only just found out they don't make them anymore...

IF they were made in stainless or even bronze that would be great. Unfortunately, all of the CNC props I have found are aluminum. They are very soft and bend easily. They have also been known to shuck blades.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I think the Germans make CNC blades of hard metal, apparently they are the props to own these days... lemme double chk on this........
    actually, they are laser cut cobalt/steel props...
    see here
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    I think the Germans make CNC blades of hard metal, apparently they are the props to own these days... lemme double chk on this........actually, they are laser cut cobalt/steel props...see here
    who is selling them?
    Steven Vaccaro

H&M Intruder S twin Leopard 36/74/3270 @ 3S-HIFEI 200A
    MHZ mystic 114-TP4050 5D-HIFEI 240A hv ESC- @ 2 x 5S
    BANDIT S"love boat" LEHNER POWERED.. RCFASTBOATS.GR MINI COOPER CAT

A while back Meniscus sent me an email with a link to props in the UK unfortunately that PC is dead. They were very nice ready to go but a bit pricey at over $50.00 usd shipped. Hopefully he will see this thread and provide a link.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Plain and simple in my HO Aluminium is not the right material for props !!!

I don't see why the right machined aluminum alloy wouldn't work. See:
    7075 aluminum http://asm.matweb.com/search/Specifi...ssnum=MA7075T6
    Berylium copper as cast http://www.matweb.com/search/datashe...da2678b61257ac
    Berylium copper age hardened http://www.matweb.com/search/datashe...b9e6792&ckck=1

I've worked with 7075 aluminum. It machines easily and is very strong. Bending it is like bending any hard material; it's hard to bend and cracks easily. That means you can't modify the props by bending and then harden them like the as cast bronze props.

Lohring Miller

well I don't see the fastest boats in the world running aluminium props, SS is the prefered material,,, and it is for a good reason,,, it is stronger and can be made thinner,, and any Boat that comes from the factory with a alum prop, is for the most part replaced with a SS prop up grade

I believe Joerg's 140 mph hydro ran a prop cast by a dental lab. if so, that material was a cobalt chrome alloy, not stainless steel, an iron alloy with chromium, nickel, and other alloying elements. Stainless steels aren't as corrosion resistant. Both have similar strength, close to twice that of 7075 aluminum.

Lohring Miller

All the R2 hobbies cnc props come in 4mm bore. They are very nice, top notch machining. I did order one set to my benefit they came in 3/16" bore!!

I ordered one more after and I got 4mm bore...

The HK 32mm & 35mm 3blade props are also beautiful, even nicer than R2 hobbies. These two come in a bit sloppy 1/8" bore.

Thats all I know...
    Nortavlag Bulc

were the HK ones centered on the shaft? I'd be surprised if every one came out perfectly centered, especially from HK.

so if i was to be able to get some SS prop made what would be a price that people would pay for them....??????

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    A while back Meniscus sent me an email with a link to props in the UK unfortunately that PC is dead. They were very nice ready to go but a bit pricey at over $50.00 usd shipped. Hopefully he will see this thread and provide a link.
    Link to the prop shop. http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Astec Models in the UK has the Etti cnc props, You can also get them from Etti HK on Ebay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazacind View Post
    Link to the prop shop. http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/
    They were not Prop Shop ... I wish I could remember what they were.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

You can get cnc props here,email him for other sizes and his prices are good too.
    http://www.iansboats.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    who is selling them?
    Ben is selling them. Find them here;

http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...chk=1&Itemid=1

I beleive they are tenshock but not 100% sure.

Cobalt Chrome is the best metal available for Model Boat Propellers but I guess I am a bit biased.

Peter
    EB Taipan Schulze 32/200 1527 1d. 4s 5000 115kph
    CoCr Racing Propellors
    http://cocrracing.com.au

I use those props, they are ready to run. For DD 3/16, pitch = 1,42
    Those props are light, not strong like Octura and Prather props

Anybody else using Ben's FC CNC props?

I have one I will be testing on my elam figured it was another good option compared to the CF props out there.
    The one I have is the 443 and if runs well will probably get some of the larger ones from him.
    Will not be able to test for a few weeks as I am working on the boat getting it RTR.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast