Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blizzard rigger- servo placement

OK I got the arrow, it is obviously what was used. Right size and all, for $5 and change. Thats cheaper than carbon stick would of cost me at least $20 shipped.

I got it all pulled apart. Currently have some 20 minute epoxy with a ton of micro balloons to fill the one end. Going to do the other end in about an hour.

Picked up the modified strut bracket from the local machine shop. Big thanks to Fred at American Machine in Perrysburg!

Got the modified strut bracket mounted up and tossed it together for some pictures. Hardware looks nice and well suited for this boat. It didnt look to good on a 32" pursuit though (which is what I was sold for it). Im just glad I was able to use this hardware. Also this hardware is MUCH lighter than the builders hame made stainless steel stuff. Dont get me wrong, guy did a HELL of a job on it. Just was heavy.

Actually after stripping this boat down I am shocked at how straight, true and well it is made. The builder was a craftsman for sure!

Is the strut deep enough?

Any advice on the rudder? Should I round and sharpen the bottom edge?

pics:

Can someone comment on setup of a rigger in general- if this looks right?

Strut is parallel to bottom of boat when resting as such in the pictures. The strut is as far down as possible in pictures also.

I want to epoxy the new stuffing tube in tonight.

Climate boats completely screwed up and cut the foam for mine horribly and so i will end up spending way too much time to save them. so im looking for a set. So does anyone happen to have a set of sponsons for one of these riggers???

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    I know where i can buy a whole kit. I don't need a kit lol. I just need a set of sponsons.

Well there are none for sale in this thread. If they are that bad 45 isnt all to expensive. Especially considering these are no longer made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12