Thread: Cracked my Miss Geico Hull.Repair advise

Default Cracked my Miss Geico Hull.Repair advise

So I caught some air and flipped the boat. Any advise on how to fix it the best way. I cant get my hand up to the front, so I quess I'll have to do it on the outside. Glassfiber and some patient.

IMG_2838 (Medium).JPGIMG_2839 (Medium).JPGIMG_2840 (Medium).JPGIMG_2842 (Medium).JPG
    Drammen rock City

clean the joint out and bevel the front of the gap very slightly and use epoxy and clamp it shut the best way you can
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

What I`d do and I have done it more than twice is (did it on my son s Miss Elam, et al,)mix epoxy 15 or 30 min (more work time) w/cabosil (this is available at tap plastics or Fiberlay, possibly hobby store?, and mix it into a paste that is like a peanut butter consistancy, gently pry the split open with like a butter knife or something similar and spread the paste along 9inside) the crack and then wipe off the excess then tape it shut with the sponson side uou glue down (prop boat on its side repaired side down until dry) this lets the paste run toward the split, when dry it will not happen again and you will have an almost invisible repair ! I`ve done this on 1/8 scale hydros before and did not have to touch up paint good luck

I exactly have the same damage as you but the crack is thinner and not on the whole width of the boat. At the moment, I have repair anything. I just try to drive carefully in safe conditions. I don't use anymore the boat on rough water and windy weather. But at the next crash, I will most probably have to fix the crack. So I read carefully the answers to your topic.

The epoxy works great and when the crack is dry get 2 packs of 5 minute epoxy that mixes in the tube as you squirt it out lock tight makes it. Squirt the whole tube into the front on the inside roll around abit and then let settle in the front then do the same on other side that area will now be the strongest part of your boat I have done this to both of mine as I have hit a few things (damn jet skis)