Thread: Spektrum Telemetry Module

Default Spektrum Telemetry Module

Just bought one of these.

They supply several mounting posts to be used in a antenna hole of a modified non 2.4Ghz radio.
    If you have a Spektrum then its a handheld unit only.

I took a chance and drilled through the case from the bottom up and using one of the mounting posts managed to mount it securely and visibly.

Just thought I would shre this in case anyone else has one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kewl man. What data will that give you?

Lap counter, Voltage Monitor (Woo Hoo, I can watch my 10S packs), RPM, and Temp, Signal Strength, Lap Timer.....as far as I have read so far..........

Hmm sounds good. I'll look into one. I'll mount up on the top so I dont have to change the wheel angle to look for data. Just glance down.

This Spektrum telemetry system, does it work without a spektrum radio system?

You need a Spektrum surface radio system.

It works by sending the data on the return communication channel that the Spektrum surface DSM radios have. You need a Spektrum surface transmitter, a telemetry capable receiver (SR3000 or SR3100T), and a display (either in the DX3S transmitter or the SPM1300/1305 hand-held). It works nicely within its range (about 300').

I HAVE used it in an airplane by flying with a SR3100T receiver as a "passenger" (just to transmit the data back to me). The actual flight controls were on a regular DX7 with my DX3R just sitting on the bench turned on, and the handheld in my pocket. It had slightly better range that way and was useful for checking out performance of motor/prop setups.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

so i will need a Electric Telemetry Combo Pack, one spektrum receiver and im ready to go right, even i still use FM radio.

No. Re-read the paragraph.

You need a Spektrum surface radio to bind the telemetry-capable receiver to. And it has to be turned on to make the receiver talk back.

What I did was have TWO Spektrum systems operating at once. One to fly the plane (a DX7), another COMPLETE SYSTEM (DX3R, SR3100T, and SPM1300 handheld) to provide telemetry. They're super light, weight is not going to be an issue.

Andy

Andy,
    Now im using Airtronics M11, if now i will get this Spektrum module/receiver (pics below) its designed for Airtronics M11, will i able to use the Spektrum Electric Telemetry Combo Pack with my radio system now?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, the SM1001 is a surface DSM setup, so it will work.

Andy