Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JAE Mini Sprint up & running

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Martin, my rudder is mounted at stock wooden bracket height and I cut my rudder off just below the water pick up and it still handles the oval and the square well in all conditions, so that was a success as far as I am concerned.

Gary, I lost the stock stub and a prop that had a lot of work in it when my flex came unbonded from the stub, so I believe it is a problem, if you are using plastic/carbon props I would save my cash and run the stock shaft as it lasted quite a while before it broke, but if your investing time/money in metal props I would chuck the stock one out and get a quality .130flex with 4mm-1/8" stub from OSE.
    Is this what your are referring to? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=ose-1085

Thanks,
    -Gary

Yes that is the one, the flex is the right size for the stuffing tube, the stub is the right size for the bushing, and the step down at the drive dog lets you run Octura props in the 27-35mm range. You will have to phone or message him though to let him know that you need an inch or so longer flex than stock, with the motor and coupling I use mine is about 12" from tip to drive dog not tip to tip.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Yes that is the one, the flex is the right size for the stuffing tube, the stub is the right size for the bushing, and the step down at the drive dog lets you run Octura props in the 27-35mm range. You will have to phone or message him though to let him know that you need an inch or so longer flex than stock, with the motor and coupling I use mine is about 12" from tip to drive dog not tip to tip.
    Thanks NativePaul! What else is needed to complete the drive. Also, What rudder setup?
    Looking around on OSE I'm not sure on this.

Thanks,
    -Gary

Rudder part number OSE - 80051 $14.95, in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Where getting a bit lost here, as an example say the 3/16" brass stuffing tube is 9" long it then has the aluminium tube which is 7/16" o/d x 2" long plugged onto the end of the 3/16" brass stuffing tube. The 2" long aluminum tube is the piece you see coming out the back of the hull which the bearing assembly slides into.
    Martin, What is the length of the 2" aluminum tube from the transom out to the tip of the tube?
    Thanks,

-Gary

1 13/16" ( 46mm ).

martin,
    Can you give us more detail on the bearings you use? Where did you buy them?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

The bearings are cheap rc car bearings @ $1.21 each that i get here in the UK from www.rcbearings.co.uk. I change them quite often because of the rpm + i run on salt water, but at that price i can afford to.

can we get a picture of the stut bearing setup i would like to do the same with mine

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    can we get a picture of the stut bearing setup i would like to do the same with mine
    Pictures of setup in post 12.

In picture 4 & 5 the bearings are in the wrong place, their should be 2 back to back at the dog end & 1 at the other end as in the other 3 pics. I just slide the assembly together for pics & put the bearings on wrong way round.

Martin, Do you have the time to make me one of the alloy tubes?
    Thanks,
    -Gary

Martin. What is the performance difference between the flex and wire drive?

Quote Originally Posted by dahodevil View Post
    Martin. What is the performance difference between the flex and wire drive?
    Ive no idea as I only ran the wire drive, I only made the flex one as a stand by but have never ran it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12