Thread: Miss Geico 4s2p/5s m445 video. With water issue

Default Miss Geico 4s2p/5s m445 video. With water issue

So a little shot from today's run.
    4s2p 4000 in parallel gave me 5+ minut's, a tad short I think. 3,5v in paks
    Temps were 40-60 C all over.(lipos motor cap's)

5s (2s+3s 4000) gave me 3+ minut's.
    temps were 50 to 60 c , and caps were 100c dead on.

To hot ore ok ?

But I got a water issue. 2 runs and water all over. Using both grimracer/proboat lube. Same with both.
    Is the gap to big ?

IMG_2822 (Medium).JPGIMG_2823 (Medium).JPGIMG_2825 (Medium).JPG
    Drammen rock City

Drammen rock City

are you sure its coming in through the flexshaft area? or is it coming in through the hatch if you aren't using the hatch liner. and it looks to be a worn flexshaft

i think id replace the teflon liner and flex shaft...the greese looks like water mixed with it...kinda like oil when u blow a head gasket in a jet boat
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

IMG_2600 (Large).jpg

Ok.it's a kintec flex. not that old. from the spray patern I'm sure it's from the flex.
    Last edited by maxmekker; 07-26-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Drammen rock City

I have the same flex shaft from Kintec no problems here .There liner was extremley tight, went with the stock proboat liner nothing like that in my boat. Running castle neu 1515 1 y mamba monster on 6s. Your boat carves pretty nice one of the best ive seen at those speeds.
    Check your collet if its stock mine was wobbeling the flex shaft spin your prop and watch the end of your flex shaft at the collet there should be very little runout . Went with an octura very nice runs very true.

try slipping a peice of cooling hose over the end of the tube and you flex so i covers the opening but put the cooling hose high enough on the tube so only alittle is touching the flex,, you dont want alot of drag on the flex just alittle!!!

IMG_2827 (Medium).JPGIMG_2830 (Medium).JPGIMG_2831 (Medium).JPGIMG_2833 (Medium).JPGIMG_2835 (Medium).JPG

markus: no wobbeling with the kintec, but with the stock flex it was all over. :-) With liner you mean the plastic tubing it came in? I went with the stock one allready in the boat.

Hydro. not sure I got that. you mean at point it comes into the boat at the collet ?

I re lubed at made sure the everything was tight and nice. I lubed it between the packs at shore, and it was bone dry after a 3 minute run, and I'm not holding back with the lube.
    Drammen rock City

yes between the motor coupler and the stuffing tube, ill take a pic of one of mine to show you,, it does help keep the grease and water in the tube but some will still get out so i also made a sling gard ill show both,,
    Attached Images Attached Images

the slig gard is just a peice of thin plastic i cut from the package of something i bault..you no the clear front of something you bault at the store,, now i always save um when i buy something..

Ive found its easy to make those sling guards out of old medicine bottles you get from the drug store
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.