Thread: prop question

Default prop question

I have a stock bj26 with stock motor and esc. I have read that alot of people recommend the octura prop . My hobby shop had and recommended the grim racer 3 blade 40x52/3 . any one have experience with this , is a 3 blade safe for my system and will I gain speed like they said or do I need to take it back . any answers would be great . yes i am running 2 cell 5000mah lipos

yeah i hope some one does reply i would like to know as well.. ive heard those are really good props but im not sure...please some one reply and give us feedback....i have a black jack 26 stock everything..im running 2c 5400mah...im getting around 40 mph..had a few speed runs...handles like a rock...not been looking at the tips on the handling..this is my first boat so im not that great at it yet...

My bj ran great with a x642 s,b detounged, never tryed the 3 blade, what dia is it?
    also play with strut height and angle, anfgle the prop so it faces the surface alittle bit and try different battery locations,
    you don't want the boat running to dry it will flip and not to wet it will slow it down.
    it's test ,test test.
    I know that the 3 blades need to be thined as much as possible so you can get on plane right a way.
    get rid of the tupperware box and battery trays, relocate the antenna and seel the hole,
    always,always tape the hatch.