Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pursuit Mono kits.

well I was thinking 1800 kv on 6s..What about that?

She"ll do every bit of the speed you want. just check temps etc often when setting it up. ive not run an 1800, but Ive run a 1400 and a 1600 and both were pleasingly fast on 6S... not in a v hull tho, a cat, but still. If you look in the builds section, look at my FC 950 build, last vid was a 1600 tenshock motor and a 445 prop on 6S. Never got a gps on it, but Id say it was 60, if not certainly knocking on the door of it.

I couldn't advise 6s with a 1800 motor. I think you will end up with esc or motor heating issues.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I couldn't advise 6s with a 1800 motor. I think you will end up with esc or motor heating issues.
    What about 1550kv on 6s?

Quote Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
    What about 1550kv on 6s?
    Sure thats a good setup.

But I cant break up the package as it is. I just dont have the time to swap the items around and then have to sell the stock motor as an open box item.
    Steven Vaccaro

Boat arrived and looks great. Have you had the chance to do any trials with different props to see what works the best?

Quote Originally Posted by cordecker View Post
    Boat arrived and looks great. Have you had the chance to do any trials with different props to see what works the best?
    On a 2364kv 4074 motor, I am using an X442. With a 2000kv you should be able to use a M645. But a safe try may be the M445 first.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Quote Originally Posted by cordecker View Post
    I use a m445. I haven't tested anything else.
    Steven Vaccaro

Thanks for the help. Will try the M445.

hi there i am from australia, i am keen on one or two of these boats. where to from here? how long and much is it to get them to australia. thanks

What will it take to upgrade and put this in the 50+ mph range. And are you wiling to make those upgrades at an additional charge?

diesel has a good setup for his he said he was over the 50 mark i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by madmorgan View Post
    diesel has a good setup for his he said he was over the 50 mark i believe.
    Diesel was running a 2200kv motor with a M645. I too run (CC version though) this and if tuned it will come in at high 50s. With the 2000kv you will see low 50s with a nicely tuned set-up and more torque on the corners.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsick4u View Post
    What will it take to upgrade and put this in the 50+ mph range. And are you wiling to make those upgrades at an additional charge?
    Right now I'm selling them as they are. Sorry
    Steven Vaccaro

I got the one piece flex shaft but Im not sure how the install works? Does the soldered end get soldered onto the brass fitting? Also when removing the flex shaft they get pulled out from the motor side not the prop side correct?
    Last edited by kola; 04-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Still have these?

The soldered end goes into the motor coupler. no soldering. strut has to come off to remove the prop shaft and cable.
    Steven Vaccaro

Not for about 2 weeks.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by DK535 View Post
    Still have these?

Not for about 2 weeks.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by DK535 View Post
    Still have these?
    Thanks so since the soldered end goes in to the brass motor coupler but isnt soldered to get the old one off I should just pull really hard?

put a wrench on the collett off the end of the motor and then put a rag or something aroung the prop and gently but firmly turn the prop clockwise "looking from the back of the boat to front" it should break the flex cable free from the collett then just pull it straight out.

Hey I have one of these, with the stock prop I cupped the ends a bit and wow, the thrust cone looks like I have a pressurized garden hose shooting out the back! Don't know how fast it is going but considerable notice in speed. No drag racer for sure but she does run and handle, corner very well. Fun boat when the chop is too much for the cats to play. Have several stock octura props to play with so I'll leave some feedback. But the stock prop isn't bad, what, who make this stock prop? I would like to mod some more with different ones but dont know what they are, just hk?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Hey I have one of these, with the stock prop I cupped the ends a bit and wow, the thrust cone looks like I have a pressurized garden hose shooting out the back! Don't know how fast it is going but considerable notice in speed. No drag racer for sure but she does run and handle, corner very well. Fun boat when the chop is too much for the cats to play. Have several stock octura props to play with so I'll leave some feedback. But the stock prop isn't bad, what, who make this stock prop? I would like to mod some more with different ones but dont know what they are, just hk?
    Im not 100% sure about the OSE versions, but all the others seem to come with TFL props

what class would these run in at an IMPBArace and would this be a good boat for a newcomer to the races to get ? also what is the shipping to 23112 virginia. thanks

So with this style drive shaft every time I want to geese the shaft Ill have to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by madmorgan View Post
    put a wrench on the collett off the end of the motor and then put a rag or something aroung the prop and gently but firmly turn the prop clockwise "looking from the back of the boat to front" it should break the flex cable free from the collett then just pull it straight out.
    So with this style drive shaft every time I want to geese the shaft Ill have to do this?

most likely kola i have to everytime with mine . it isnt a big deal im sure everyone has to release the cables this way. to keep a healthy cable and drive you want to grease that cable regularly i do mine after every 3 runs . this way you can inspect to make sure the cable isnt unraveling at the collet end etc and keeps the water out esp if you removed or do not have the liner in it.

As madmorgan has said one good greasing should be good for a couple of runs . I make it a practise to pull the drive cable out dry it and lub it after I'am done for the day . Never store the boat without doing this basic mantanence . Just my 2 cents .

Steve did you get these back in stock yet?

I have one yellow and one white instock.
    Steven Vaccaro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast