Thread: Samurai follow-up

Default Samurai follow-up

Just want to thank for the help that everyone gave me. Especially Sailr Jim who has been utterly patient and kind. I finally calibrated the ESC correctly with Jim and m123521's advice. Now it is as smooth as hot knife on butter. The speed is great too. Very happy, should have gotten the boat earlier but still glad to have one before TenShock discontinued the run.

Spent the hot afternoons yesterday and today to true the rear riding pads on my second Samurai, I have been very happy with both of them and now that I have done this to my MG, I thought this hull might benefit from this process. I reinforced the inside with FG cloth, the hull is thin and care has to be taken to not over sand it from outside. Also did away with the silicone water hose thru the hole set up. I sleeved a 5/32 tube into a 3/16 tube, glue them together and the bigger tube fits right into the factory drilled hole on the transom, I wanted minimum alteration on this hull, but the hose thru the transom hole pinched the hose and restricted the flow/volume of water.
    Motor is UL-1 2030KV, prop is x 640. My first Samurai has yet to benefit from these mods, that boat has the AC 1800KV with a X 642DSCN4498_4670.jpg DSCN4493_4665.jpg DSCN4494_4666.jpg DSCN4492_4664.jpg DSCN4495_4667.jpg.
    I always liked these hulls and in these two years I have acquired many other boats, but this is still one of my all time favorites.