Thread: Kintec offset rudder v2 pics

Default Kintec offset rudder v2 pics

If anyone has the kintec offset rudder v2, may I have a couple pics of it installed so I can see what it looks like?
    I ordered one for my MG and want to see if need to do some trimming to make sure larger props clear the mounts.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

i have one and if u want to run bigger props and raise the strut up some u will have to trim the bottom corner of the strut brace...its a easy fix with a dremel....u dont have to trim anything on the kentec stuff
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I have the one that he is selling on the netshop now is that the v2? I have pics I can upload.

Edit: Here´s the pics anyway, that´s a x642 installed. with 3-4mm of clearance from the bracket.

Ørjan.

Default bent 2 off set brackets

I have bent 2 of these brackets. both on drift wood. is there any other options out there?

I would suggest using a plastic bolt on the lowest mounting point on the rudder so the bolt breaks instead of the bracket. you can see it in my pics it worked for me when i hit some drift wood in the ocean :)

Ørjan.

thanks i will try that.

Got mine today installed and trimmed the back off the bracket that hangs over the prop. So I don't have to worry about it hitting with adjustments and larger props.

What do you guys think about using those plastic bolts for both rudder slots?

[QUOTE=JPriami;339191]Got mine today installed and trimmed the back off the bracket that hangs over the prop. So I don't have to worry about it hitting with adjustments and larger props.QUOTE]

That looks like a real clean trim job, and i'd like to do the same. Would you let me know what you used, and/or how you did it? Thanks!

Peacock8,
    Where did you get that antenna?

Its partly homemade. The alu mount I bought at OSE, I put a alu spacer underneath it for added support. The tube is evergreen plastics that i painted black.

Ørjan.

[QUOTE=Nealkot;344000]
    Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Got mine today installed and trimmed the back off the bracket that hangs over the prop. So I don't have to worry about it hitting with adjustments and larger props.QUOTE]

That looks like a real clean trim job, and i'd like to do the same. Would you let me know what you used, and/or how you did it? Thanks!
    I just used the metal cut off wheel on my dremel. Then filed the end and edges a bit.