Thread: FE30 1527 Hydro

Default FE30 1527 Hydro

Finished my new fe 30 today just waiting on the wire drive and some new Nanos to get here:thumbup1:

090720111280.jpg
    090720111281.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

very nice

you did a great job there, nice and neat.

Beast!
    Catching Air!

Thanks guys sorry for the crappy phone camera photos

beautiful!

very nice. Ran mine this weekend and had a blast with it. My favorite boat by far!!! It goes about 60mph (gps'd) and scares me to death on a regular basis.

Jim's boat runs very well with the 1515/1Y, much more speed and it would be undrivable in Texas race water. At 60+ it handles the chop better than I expected. Dramatic acceleration off the beach, makes my 54 mph P-Limited FE-30 look pretty weak.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Jamie, nice clean build. Will be a rocket with that motor-buckle up ! A few observations ( NOT criticisms) : Looks like from the picture that your antenna mount location could make taping tricky. The servo mount works a little better if it was turned around to have the servo ears located against the vertical side of the side tabs to keep it from moving without making the top bar too tight (the top bar screws strip easily). Also, conventional wisdom (and I'm not sure how critical this is) says that the cooling jacket inlet should be on the bottom to keep air pockets from forming. Love to see some vids of the boat underway- should really rock !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Well done Jamie, but on Tony's point of water cooling, I wonder if these cans actually, are productive in their designed function?

Douggie

Thanks for your replies guys, and thanks Propper for your observations they are very helpfull, as this is my first build and i want to learn all that i can. About 2 minutes after i drilled the antenna hole i was saying F*#! F%*! because i realised it was too close., im going to take a little off the mount and use some racing tape in that area i think. The servo was another rookie mistake, but i can operate it ok without the holding bracket and using slight finger pressure, but its something to mess around with in the future, Cooling inlet i put underneath at the front as i wanted to make sure it flowed around the drive end as the 1527 jacket was not available at the time, however i am gonna order the right one and plumb it as you suggested. Thanks once again to everyone and it is an honour to me that you guys took the time to notice my first build.
    Cheers Guys

Jamie, No worries, mate. You did very well for a first build You can, as you pointed out, take a little off one flat on the antenna mount to give more surface for tape. The servo & waterline stuff are just minor things as I see it. Stay close here, I'll be glad to offer any tuning tips you may need. Enjoy !!

Tony
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Also, conventional wisdom (and I'm not sure how critical this is) says that the cooling jacket inlet should be on the bottom to keep air pockets from forming....
    It's only "critical" if you think it is important for the entire cooling jacket be full of water. The outlet needs to be at the highest point to eliminate the trapped air pocket. Otherwise, who cares?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    It's only "critical" if you think it is important for the entire cooling jacket be full of water. The outlet needs to be at the highest point to eliminate the trapped air pocket. Otherwise, who cares?

Of course you are correct, Sir. I first became aware of this in one of your posts a long time ago and ALWAYS build 'em with the inlet at the lowest point.

( In fact much of what I have learned about FE has been gleaned from your input)

never figured the inlet and outlet position to be critical....will check all my boats and get it done right ....thanks
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Thanks again guys im learning more every day