Thread: Which Eagle Tree to get?

Default Which Eagle Tree to get?

Thinking of getting an Eagle Tree unit but not sure what version to get? 100amp or 150amp? Also other then the GPS is the RPM & Temp sensors useful? Any other suggestions on what to get with it or not to get?

150A with leads is what I use. I also use temp sensors and the GPS expander. I've never had a real desire to know motor rpm as the rest of the parameters tell a better story of the setup anyhow.

I use the 150
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Is it true the miss geico is being updated with an offset rudder? and will there be any other updates?

Thankyou.....871

Quote Originally Posted by Show871 View Post
    Is it true the miss geico is being updated with an offset rudder? and will there be any other updates?

Thankyou.....871
    oops sorry wrong thread!

I use the 150amp version with the following add ons: LCD screen, GPS, Temp loop wire. I have have run well over 150 amps(more like peaks in the 180amp range) with no failures after two years of usage.

how useful is the lcd screen?

I find mine very useful. You can view data at the lake without looking at it hooked to the PC

Where do you mount this & GPS in the Geico?

I bought both the temp loop and senor. Was thinking of putting the loop around the motor but not sure where to put the other sensor on for the ESC or how to attach it? Drop of glue (sho goo sp?)

I put my temp 1 on the motor it's held to the edge of the motor face (black part that comes off) and the 2nd temp sensor is inside the hole that's between the water plugs on the T180. That's held in place with some cooling line that's got the end cut on a taper and the taper is folded over to push the temp sensor down onto the metal of the esc case. I will be getting a 3rd sensor to put on caps. Here are some pics of it in my geico.
    I had to remove the plastic shrink wrap on my eagle tree gear to spray some water proofing acrylic spray so it looks naked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to mention my gps module gets stuffed into the canopy before I close the boat up. I have a piece of pool noodle cut in an angle to same shape as the inside of the cockpit area cowl. And I left the hole of the pool noodle in that touching the very top of the cowl. So I stuff my gps in there and it has great reception without anything blocking it. Also it's made in a way to pull out if the canopy came off so I don't loose it. Btw I don't use the tupperware lid because my motor is too big for that to fit.