Thread: Sea King 180a ESC water resistance?

Default Sea King 180a ESC water resistance?

Anybody know how water resistant this ESC is? The reason for the question is because Miss Geico blew a water line off and filled the back of the boat with water and now when connecting the batteries, the throttle goes full power and will not stop until disconnecting batteries. The ESC is brand new, first run. the ESC was not submerged just wet.

If the controller gets wet and does not appear to be working correctly "DO NOT USE IT"! Let it dry out for a few days. I had a T180 blow last year and my Club VP fried two on a twin last weekend. Both because they got wet. It's just not worth the risk. In addition to the expense, you risk trashing the motor and battery packs and it will make a mess out of your boat.

Thanks for the reply. I will let it dry out for a couple days and see what happens.

Did it dry out and go back to working?

Default Seaking

Luckily the esc dried out and worked fine. Actually took it apart and blow dried it out. Put it back together, connected batteries and funny enough, the esc played some weird beeping music and worked without a hitch. I have never heard that beeping before!