Thread: OSE shipping

Default OSE shipping

Just wanted to give a great thanks to steven, shipped from his store to boston in three days, good job!
    Now I'll give reviews on his products once I get them.
    thanks Steve!

well his store is almost in boston....

yeah, but compared to HK which takes almost more than 3 days to dispatch, this is pretty good, it may have even arrived earlier, that's when my dad got to the hotel.

i usuallly get mt parts in 1 to 2 days from ose. i mean hes only 20 minutes from me. hk is in china... they arent gonna be too quick

Can you not go pick it up?
    I know china isn't quick but just to get the order out of the warehouse takes up to 4 days sometimes, mind you this is hobbyking we are talking about.
    I was just getting this thread started with a positive comment, I am going to review the products when they get here.

Ose is always good. It's nice dealing with small companies that care about their customers. Hk blows cattle... Forget customer service. I could pick stuff up but w/e, it's always quick.no doubt steve runs a fine business here. Well done steve, we luv ya

Yeah, It's the only forum I know of (rumrunner I think?) where the owner is the same as every other member (except we can't be mean to him) and builds boats just like the rest of us.
    Steve, have I ever told how how much giving out store credit boosts your rep with everyone else?

Yep. I placed an order Saturday and it arrived yesterday.

Crap, I forgot to put in a drive dog, or at least it doesn't show it on the receipt.
    Another excuse to visit the LHS.

Sadly I can't order any items from OSE, just have a look of it only
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Well my hull arrived safe and sound after a 10 day trip from OSE to the UK, I would have had it far sooner (nearly 5 days sooner!) if it wasn't for customs holding it up then deciding to add Import Tax to the hull!

In NO way was that Steves fault at OSE as I found out each country deals with imported products it own way, Which in my case added a further £25 to the bill ($40) which meant I either had to pay the tax or it would have been sent back!
    I think its worth making sure people are aware of this fact that customs in the UK are a pain in the butt and if importing anything large then be aware you may get caught up and have to pay Import Tax on top!

On the + side of all that the Hull arrives safely, not a mark on it, Extremely well packaged both the hull individually and the box's extra packing, the bow (nose) & the keel at the stern were also extra packed with thick strips of bubble wrap to ensure that the key points of the boat (most likely to be damaged) were not.

I'm very happy with my Delta Force, delta 26 hull worth every penny that was paid including the dreaded customs tax!

Regard Bulldog

Steven is known for getting the product out the door after an order is placed quicker than just about anybody. I pretty much know if I order something at the beginning of the week it will be in my mailbox by Thursday and the latest Friday. I am then usually installing whatever I purchased so I can run on Saturday. I am in Texas. To me, this is his biggest competitive advantage, consistent quick shipping and good packaging of the items ordered. To that note, just got my new swordfish 200amp in yesterday (Thursday) and will be installing tonight to test out on Saturday... situation normal

well, I got everything yesterday, and it all seems to be in order, nothing was damaged. The balancer is a little smaller than I thought (the orange one) but it's still fine. the bullet nut is a little small on the OD but since it's not gonna be a racing, high speed machine, the different diameters will be fine. The props look good and the flex is more than long enough. I had a 3/16 drive dog so I lucked out there. The speed grease smells like disgusting candy, but that's off topic. the strut looks very nice also.
    Of course the OSE order arrived the first day and the HK is still waiting after 7 days, ugh.
    The ESC and Auto bailers got there to in perfect order, thanks guys.

I visited HC as a detour on a work trip ...

Not in their defense, just a heads up to the uneducated.. HC ships ~25000 parcels each day, 7 days.

'Little' robotic pickers(175 over 4 warehouses) race across the floors collecting product from big bins
    ( we get email: order sent to warehouse)
    robot returns to checking point when onboard pallet of (max50) orders has been completed
    dropped off,
    collects new pallet of containers
    out again to the floor..
    Content packed wrapped and address labeled.. by hand..
    someone fills out your dodgey customs declaration by hand , saying Miss Lei Foo <insert your surname here> has sent a gift ... .. ...
    (we get email: order awaiting pickup ) ..
    bulk handling bin collected by external courier re your selected delivery service.
    An exhilarating scene of organized chaos !
    Why 2-3 days delay between order and shipping ?... manual handling/paperwork people slow it down.
    If you state 100% of value on claim... it ships <36hrs !.

However, OSE has become my store of choice for service and support.
    Seems every line he sells, he has tested, or knows someone who has.. doesnt sell sh ite.

W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Interesting write up. I am in the third party logistics business and put in the technology to run the warehouses on the East and West coasts. We mainly handle garments/retail with some other verticals as well. I am very surprised to hear they are using automated technology to go out to do the initial pick. At peak we do HUGE volumes over a short amount of time and ramp up to well over 300+ people in one warehouse to handle it. Given the labor rates in Asia they almost always opt for the un-automated solution. Sounds like they are doing a bulk pull and then a down pick to order.

I agree, interesting automated is taking over labor in the 2- cent an hour areas. but if everything is automated, less jobs are becoming available.
    I just like ordering from OSE and waiting 2-5 days for something I know is right than waiting 7+ days and hoping the object will fit.

HK is a miniscule socioeconomic anomaly, isolated from her megalarge PRC parental apron strings.
    'Worlds apart' in population density Vs productivity.
    HK post is <4 days to here.

OSE send same day for almost every order Ive placed here. :applause:
    The gear gets a USPS international express package round-the-world-air-ticket.. and passes various destinations before arriving...
    latest box is 18 days and counting

customs into Au
    anything over 1000usd automatically gets nabbed...+10% tax .. and maybe add upwards to 30% if deemed 'commercial'
    ditto 'commercial quantity' .. once bought 10x12 glo plugs ( ~600US ) also got nabbed.. :unhappycamper:

Location, location, location.
    LHS here are like siphons for cash ........... :cry:
    Not happy when LHS bleeds my cash cow : shock:
    The bastards suck her dry ! :horror:

W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    I just like ordering from OSE and waiting 2-5 days for something I know is right than waiting 7+ days and hoping the object will fit.
    With a little experience you will have knowledge what does/does not fit/work
    W