Thread: Spektrum mr200

Default Spektrum mr200

I am going to be switching to the spektrum mr200 Going to be put into my motley crew. Wanted to know does one of the antenna need to stick up out of the boat because the mc doesnt have a hole for a antenna to go through I was maybe thinking I could just run each antenna down each side of motor compartment inside. Would that still give me good range and response

i have mine inside the haul of my EKOS and i have zero issues and i drive it out far, so u wont have any issues! + the antenna coming outta the spektrum reciever is abot 2 inches long and it wouldnt fit out side the haul even if i wanted it to!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie909 View Post
    + the antenna coming outta the spektrum reciever is abot 2 inches long and it wouldnt fit out side the haul even if i wanted it to!!
    You know what this comment tells me? That you have no idea what you are talking about, and that you've clearly never seen a spektrum MR200 receiver. There are 2 antenna leads on them, both are pretty long, one is longer than the other. The longer one SHOULD stick out of the hull, the shorter one can be placed inside.

My bad i figured it was the same as all 4 or my spektrum receiver's i have, i didnt know some were driff. (antenna wise)

all i read was Spektrum my bad i figured it was the same as all 4 or my spektrum receiver's i have, i didnt know some were driff. what does the MR200 do thats driff?
    both spektrum marine receivers (MR200 and MR3000) have 2 antennas. It's basically signal redundancy. The signal switches between both antennas, so there's a much lower chance of a signal loss.

I have the MR200's and I leave the long wire outside the top of the hull in a simple antenna plastic tube with O ring protection for the exit nut connection.

Douggie

o i see, and they are waterproof? or just water resistant?

Nothing is waterproof after a high speed crash but this works for me under normal FE boating conditions.

Douggie

o i see, and they are waterproof? or just water resistant?
    As Douggie said, nothing is truly waterproof, but they are much better than other spektrum receivers. Plus the MR3000 has dual taps for throttle, so you can skip using a Y connector for a dual setup.

ya i was looking at that on there site, i might end up getting one for my EKOS

So do you think I can run it without sticking the antenna up through top of the boat and it work just as good or close

You should be ok. Just set your failsafes all at neutral, so if you do get a signal loss, at least the boat wont take off on you.

Good enough for thanks

Default not waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Nothing is waterproof after a high speed crash but this works for me under normal FE boating conditions.

Douggie
    I can verify that it is not waterproof, I have a new one on order after flipping my boat two weeks ago. Expensive lesson learned, using hockey tape on hatch from now on!!!

I have used the 3000's and the 200's and have had much beter luck with the 200's. Spektrum as of late has had quite a few failures on the lattest batch of 3000's, so good choice with the 200. As mentioned before, they are NOT waterproof and I put mine inside condoms in the boat to keep them dry in case of flip. Non lubrictaed condoms seem to work best....lol

Quote Originally Posted by indrumbum View Post
    I can verify that it is not waterproof, I have a new one on order after flipping my boat two weeks ago. Expensive lesson learned, using hockey tape on hatch from now on!!!
    isnt hatch tape a must on all runs? I use it every time, even if im just testing.

I use both the MR200 and MR3000 Marine Receivers in my Apparition, Miss Geico and Blackjack 26. I put the receivers inside a small ballon and zip tie it shut around the wires.
    Watercraft Performance & ATV
    wppracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by wppracing View Post
    I use both the MR200 and MR3000 Marine Receivers in my Apparition, Miss Geico and Blackjack 26. I put the receivers inside a small ballon and zip tie it shut around the wires.
    Best way to do it, simple, cheap, and easy. Make sure you use small zip ties, two or more if possible. I have had water get in once when using bigger ties because they just didn't loop around tight enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I have used the 3000's and the 200's and have had much beter luck with the 200's. Spektrum as of late has had quite a few failures on the lattest batch of 3000's, so good choice with the 200. As mentioned before, they are NOT waterproof and I put mine inside condoms in the boat to keep them dry in case of flip. Non lubrictaed condoms seem to work best....lol
    Is this issue documented somewhere? I sell and use a ton of mr3000's and this is the first I've heard of this.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Back on topic, my son runs a mr3000 in his motley with oth ant wires inside with zero issues.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!