Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The bounce..

Video is great, and photo's to. And we really need to start talk in cm soon , hehe :-)
    Drammen rock City

[QUOTE=lyndon915;335345]So my current setup with no bounce has the centerline of the strut even with the bottom of the ride pads, I am running the M445 prop and an otherwise stock setup with some extra flotation in the boat. My current ballance point is 9 in forward of the back of the ride pad, that is 11in from the transom. I really think that we should be balancing this boat by measuring from the ride pad rather than the back of the transom as the transom overhangs the back of the ride pad by a few inches. Should we not be measuring the CG from the part of the boat that is in contact with the water?

I also am running stock setup x642 prop My center balance is 11.75 inches from the back of transom in order to get the wawawa out .I have pool noodles in front sides that have a large lag bolt inside for a little front weight
    tried no noodles and had my gps inside center as far as i could and she ran great so i decided if i push the weight forward farther it would take less and tada noodles with lag bolt way up front smothed here out. no gps for weight anymore. I still need to run the 2s 5300 batteries flush with the front edge of trays but now she is tuned

you probably wont find any two of thse hulls are exactly the same on run surfaces etc.....try all these different set ups and see what works for ya
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

well finally i got my MG running good set up is leo 4074 2150kv m445 prop t-180 4s2p 4000nano techs 45-90c kintec offset and strut was level with the bottom of sponson's cell's level with front of battery trays.
    http://youtu.be/rexRB9LXKEw

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFY_44 View Post
    well finally i got my MG running good set up is leo 4074 2150kv m445 prop t-180 4s2p 4000nano techs 45-90c kintec offset and strut was level with the bottom of sponson's cell's level with front of battery trays.
    looks good. i think it might be the x642.. not entirely obviously but a good portion of that bounce is from the x642. Almost all cases of "best runs", without proposing, are with m445 props. i lowered my batt trays and ive got the strut even with sponsons, ill see what i can do at the lake this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFY_44 View Post
    now that look's good. My m445 + some other props are shipped from funrcboats today, looking forward to try the prop myself. Ordering some zippy 4s 40c ore nano's today to. Seems to be the way to go.
    Drammen rock City

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon915 View Post
    So my current setup with no bounce has the centerline of the strut even with the bottom of the ride pads, I am running the M445 prop and an otherwise stock setup with some extra flotation in the boat. My current ballance point is 9 in forward of the back of the ride pad, that is 11in from the transom. I really think that we should be balancing this boat by measuring from the ride pad rather than the back of the transom as the transom overhangs the back of the ride pad by a few inches. Should we not be measuring the CG from the part of the boat that is in contact with the water?
    I will try to get some video of the boat tonight as this setup is working very well for me.
    Listen to this gentleman folks. I couldnt have said it better. Everyones boat could be a little different in the aspect of battery tray placement etc. I own two of these and both had slight differences in the way things are mounted. So a half inch here or there for one persons trays could be different on another. COG is measured from the ride pad transom, not the back of the boats transom, not the rudder extension transom etc etc. It seems as soon as the MG came out, everyone forgot how to translate thier set ups. Again, well spoken Lyndon915.

Also, I found I could get the bounce pretty close to gone, but not all the way, as soon as the M445 hit the water, it ran tru as can be.

i agree with tiqueman about the 445 i made a slight adjustment on the strut height put the 445 on and its great no bounce at all ohh and cells all the way forward on the battery trays and if we meassure from the rearer of the boat i think that works out to be around 11 inches all i can say is that now i enjoy this boat where as before i was getting to the point of throwing it in the trash because it was always on the edge of blowing over even with the out of the box setup and power.

I run gas cats and we set the boats up at 30-33% COG from the rear depending on the power in the boat. Also have you guys been adjusting the strut angle to try to get rid of the bounce??? I dont have my Mystic yet so all I can do is read this forum and watch YouTube vids on the MG... Can wait!!! It's driving me crazing waiting for the mystic.. Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12