Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bounce..

Default The bounce..

So ive got a tacon 4074 2000kv with seaking 180a on 4s. I probably get mid-upper 40's at full throttle, but i hardly know what that feels like..

Ive got the kintec offset braket and an octura x642 prop. This does seem to be a common problem but ive seen videos of Geicos going 60-65mph without a sweat.. i can really only put down about 80-90% throttle for a safe run which at that rate she runs perfect but obviously not full speed.

Ive tried moving the batts around(1-2in upp from the back of the tray, inline with the end of the trays, over the end etc.) Ive got the strut as high as it can go without the prop hitting the strut.. I dont know what else to do

Any advice?

you can see in the vid shes wanting to jump up the whole time on full throttle and right after the vid she flipped up, a nice crash but no damage (lucky)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTme652E0DM

have you tried to angle the prop down ???,

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFY_44 View Post
    have you tried to angle the prop down ???,
    No? 1) how do I that?

2) ive never seen anyone do that (im still new so im sure everyone does..)

3) what exactly does that do?

1 you loosen the nut and bolt for strut hieght and angle the prop down a little at a time, what this does is as it comes on plane it forces the front down a touch this can help with the bounce as its not letting as much air into the tunnel, well thats what i am lead to believe still need to try it myself, if that does not work you may nneed to add wieght to the front a little at a time because too much will make the hull run too wet. Hope this helps

Also you don't want the strut all th way up put it on a table with the rudder just hanging off and adjuts the strut flush with the bottom of the hull then from there you can make minor adjustments. My mg sits pretty low in the water but I also lowered my battery trays a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch over stock an I also make sure my batteries are as far to the outside as they can go. You can remove your battery trays very easily then with a dremel just cut the epoxy off I made little blocks to go under them on the insides of the trays so that when I installed new trays they sit flat. My boat sits so much better now that I have to move my batteris all the way back now and it never wants to blow over even at 60+mph
    miss gieco cc 1518 62.1mph [/COLOR][/B] Delta Force 33" cc 1717

Quote Originally Posted by bbosncali View Post
    Also you don't want the strut all th way up put it on a table with the rudder just hanging off and adjuts the strut flush with the bottom of the hull then from there you can make minor adjustments. My mg sits pretty low in the water but I also lowered my battery trays a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch over stock an I also make sure my batteries are as far to the outside as they can go. You can remove your battery trays very easily then with a dremel just cut the epoxy off I made little blocks to go under them on the insides of the trays so that when I installed new trays they sit flat. My boat sits so much better now that I have to move my batteris all the way back now and it never wants to blow over even at 60+mph
    Alright that sounds easy enough. Can you post a pic of yours so i can get a better idea of what im doing exactly. Thanks

Man that sounds angry . I have the leo 2000 + 180 + rudder + 642. still need to get the batt position in place.but you'r sounds so angry. What packs are you using?
    here are from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vny8s...el_video_title
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drammen rock City

Quote Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
    Man that sounds angry . I have the leo 2000 + 180 + rudder + 642. still need to get the batt position in place.but you'r sounds so angry. What packs are you using?
    here are from today.
    Well its annoying to only be able to run it at 80% throttle all the time.. im using 2 x 2s turnigy 5200mah hardcase packs (omg hardcase?!?! haha theyre not bad at all, nothing wrong for me, so far)

hey bbosncali can you please post a pic of your trays please? I got them out but now they wont fit if i try to move them any lower, do i have to make them smaller?

I can post pics but I made my battery trays out of plexiglass

oh alright, the pics will help. Ill just cut the wood ones down.

i still dont understand all the goings on above the prop. why not cut all that crap off and mount the rudder more forward? i mean it cant turn all that well now that the rudder is set so far back and not directly behind the prop... jmo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok now I need help on how to post pics on new site

Yeah I cut the end where my rudder is on an angle and I can fit almost any size prop

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    i still dont understand all the goings on above the prop. why not cut all that crap off and mount the rudder more forward? i mean it cant turn all that well now that the rudder is set so far back and not directly behind the prop... jmo

Ok now I need help on how to post pics on new site
    right on the quick reply the third button from the right its a square with four little black dots on the corners.. thats it

Man I must be blind but I appreciate you trying.... All I see is the different smiley faces then manage pics ect....

I think I know what your talking about but how do I add?

Yeah I cut the end where my rudder is on an angle and I can fit almost any size prop

Ahhhaaaa got it thank younger the help

Ahhhaaaa got it thank younger the help

So did you move your trys or are they just longer than the stock ones?

EDIT: or the same and i jsut cant really tell

Not sure if they are stronger i did move them a little back like 1/2 inch but being lower makes a world of difference. It lowers the center of gravity I actually move my packs back now and as you can see from my video no hint of going over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjmivKhM6tM

Wow thats rippin.I just took mine out for her maiden(stock).I have a 1515 for her and curios where you got the motor mount.A couple of us have been looking.Thanks in advance for your help.

Fightercatracing.com but you will need to buy the leopard motor mount and buy a seperate cc ring which he sells unless its a neu motor then the leopard mount will work

So that didnt work at all.. i cut the battery trays down a bit and move down as far as i could and the bounce was completely still there. I was going to get a video but the camera died.. I started with the batteries back then moved them way forward when the bounce didnt go away. I dont know what else to do..

So I am still running the stock power system in my boat, I had tried my x642, grim 42x55, and the stock prop at many strut settings. No help with the bounce, it went from bad to really bad. Finally put on a M445 and all of the bouce went away. I also have my batteries mounted all the way forward on the trays, not exactly sure where that balances at but it seems to work well.

more kintec 4s with 642

http://www.youtube.com/user/maxsollie#p/u/3/h9mL7OzMTE8

leo 4074 2000 + 642

http://www.youtube.com/user/maxsollie#p/u/2/Vny8skrU13A

So from stock and up to today, I had the best results with 4s +offset and stock motor + 642.

I'm waiting on the m445 as of now ,and the 42x55 for 4s. At first, I tried all kinds of strut + battery adjustements but with no luck. With the 642 and my 2s 4000 nano's I managed to find a good spot, and wery little bounce once the water got some ripeling.
    Drammen rock City

I had one run with my new x642 and it there were little wahwhas even if it was choppy, i´m liking this prop :)

Ørjan.

ok....sit your boat on a level counter etc......rudder off edge......do your sponsons sit level on counter? .....is the strut level touching the counter? if not loosen the nut and adjust it.....try the balance point at about 9.5 inches from back of the transom......if bounce is still there, try to move balance point back or forward a half inch at a time that should help some anyway
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

So my current setup with no bounce has the centerline of the strut even with the bottom of the ride pads, I am running the M445 prop and an otherwise stock setup with some extra flotation in the boat. My current ballance point is 9 in forward of the back of the ride pad, that is 11in from the transom. I really think that we should be balancing this boat by measuring from the ride pad rather than the back of the transom as the transom overhangs the back of the ride pad by a few inches. Should we not be measuring the CG from the part of the boat that is in contact with the water?
    I will try to get some video of the boat tonight as this setup is working very well for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast