Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Economy

@boaterguy.
    Hang in their dude.
    Skool sucked for me too... I was not a footballer, nor alco, druggy, fuggy, fighter, snob, slob .. sorta an outsider.. .. so I read lots, studied more.. and when I left end Yr11 to join navy had a great foundation for the quals and skillset I have now.
    Worked hard, learned and gained formal quals along the way... sob, still sorta an outsider... coz i dont look/act the part of the expected stereotypical overqualified penprotector wearing smartass !
    Life aint ever easy.. those who climbed over everyone to the top are tumbling now things get unstable... and have no chance of survival without the very system they scorned.. welfare....
    First time since 1920's there are more bankrupt US squillionnaires than new ones !

Be proud of who you are and make the most of every situation.

Build/buy a boat and get yourself to the pond and meet other addicts !
    Friendships can start from the simplest of associations

You're half way there already.. show me your boat !

W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    5'5" and 110 pounds. not fat, just no muscle. I've never really had a friend so I have nothing to do, and no, I'm not going to go out in public with my parents, that wont help much.
    High school has changed so much since you guys have gone. you can't make a single mistake, dropping your pencil will bring you down a social level, it's stupid. I've been to four of five therapists and I tell them all the same thing, every time. They change the subject so I gave up. I spend my summer with my cousins and we are inside for maybe an hour a day, I may post 10 times all summer.
    Hang in there Brydon, a lot of kids in high school are brutal these days. You seem very bright and intuitive from looking at your other posts and I was surprised to see you are only in 9th grade! You should be proud of that and think about how many other kids your age know what a hydroplane is, let alone build one from scratch. I hope you are planning on a career in engineering.
    Last edited by Jacked1; 06-28-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    @boaterguy.
    Hang in their dude.
    Skool sucked for me too... I was not a footballer, nor alco, druggy, fuggy, fighter, snob, slob .. sorta an outsider.. .. so I read lots, studied more.. and when I left end Yr11 to join navy had a great foundation for the quals and skillset I have now.
    Worked hard, learned and gained formal quals along the way... sob, still sorta an outsider... coz i dont look/act the part of the expected stereotypical overqualified penprotector wearing smartass !
    Life aint ever easy.. those who climbed over everyone to the top are tumbling now things get unstable... and have no chance of survival without the very system they scorned.. welfare....
    First time since 1920's there are more bankrupt US squillionnaires than new ones !

Be proud of who you are and make the most of every situation.

Build/buy a boat and get yourself to the pond and meet other addicts !
    Friendships can start from the simplest of associations

You're half way there already.. show me your boat !

W
    The first part of that sounds verrry familiar! I have a lot of respect for all those letters after your name, I will be senior in ME in the fall.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

Brydon, you will do fine. Those that make life difficult for you will some day work for YOU if you just keep at it. You can do it!

Everyone made fun of my friend Andrew Walz (he was called Eugene all though HS and won more scholastic awards than any student in MM Robinson HS history) but, he went on in life to make many acomplishments and now he gets what he wants in life and guys like me work for him!!

I'd rather have his paycheque.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Andrew was in charge of the successful restoration of WWII Aircraft the Lancaster. http://avrolancasterfm104.com/restoration-3

He is also a pilot now and drive a restored 1970 Dodge Barracuda.

http://avrolancasterfm104.com/restoration-3
    Nortavlag Bulc

thanks guys, I'm looking forward to a happy, problem free summer with my cousins (not really because two of them just went through breakups, ugh)
    I'll come back with many injuries from all the stupid things we do, maybe it'll make me even specialer!!

Teachers aren't allowed to really teach anymore. They have to teach to the damned CAT tests. Teachers that can really teach are held back. If their students don't do well on those federally mandated (A Bush invention) then the teacher is let go. What crap!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I agree, theres one or two that actually can teach, some that get hired because they have connections. we have a teacher who sells marijuana to the kids.

I agree, theres one or two that actually can teach, some that get hired because they have connections. we have a teacher who sells marijuana to the kids.
    My son was telling me that he can buy marijuana at any time each school day. Not a fact I enjoy sharing.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Anybody can, I know at least 3 people I could get it from, and that's just marijuana, booze is easier.
    You'd be surprised how easy it is to hide stuff from your rents. I would know, I hide half of my boat stuff :D

Bill Gates was awkward in his youth. Heck, he's still awkward. Wonder how many mister popular all that jock a'holes he puts up with now. ZIP! ZILTCH! NADDA! I doubt he even remembers who they were. Not sayiong he's my hero but you get my point.

Don't be afraid to be nerdy, or dorky, or a geek or what ever the label of the day is. You'll find that as you spend more time in school that like minded braniacs that actually give a crap will gravitate towards the same type classes. Kindered spirits so to speak. The lazies will take classes that read easiest on paper. You may also find that teachers get a little more excited about teaching when they think someone actually wants to learn something.

Nerdy is the common link between all of us boat turds too.

Somethings haven't changed either. At my school (back in the dark ages) we had a guy on the basketball team that was a coke dealer. He carried his 9mm into the locker room with him because he was afraid he would be shot coming out of the games. Nice neighborhood.

Why has this thread veered towards some advice given to a highshooler? We're on the cusp of a national collapse (we can't fund the government and the only measures that will work are spending cuts and higher taxes). I already give $5300 to the feds per year, and I'm willing to give more if the wealthy and corporations are taxed at the same ratio of income to taxation.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regi...ewsrelease.htm

Last year I forfeited 32K in tax. That wasnt given freely,, it was taken from me screaming & kicking.
    Im entitled to a govt serviceman's pension(62k).. because I lost my left leg and a few inside parts ( later when not in navy ), but I cannot collect because I choose to work ( and 62K doesnt allow good wine ).
    As a pension avoider I get no benefits, no medical discounts, no housing, no utilities.. I have to pay and pay and pay for everything I have out of my own pocket..including the 2k5 of meds each month... the prosthetics .. the wheelchair .. no sick pay, no paid holidays, nada, zip.. and the bastards bleed taxation from my weatherbeaten carcass to support those too lazy to get up and do something for themselves... including the bloody overpaid politicians who couldnt see facts even if their solar powered arses led the way... how dare you garner a pay rise when your words breed turds...

From the outside looking in, US must reign in the war machine to reduce endless budget over-runs.

Us few hardworking folks are paying for the mismanagement of our countries.

Doc W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    My son was telling me that he can buy marijuana at any time each school day. Not a fact I enjoy sharing.
    Haha, omg.. (2006) my daughter told me she could buy really nice choc-chip cookies on fridays from a couple kids who normally aint that popular .. and they was really really really really tasty.. did I want one ?
    No... so she ate the few, and went out to her gran's that night.
    Never eaten choc-chip since..says the sugar rush damn near killed her.. have not suggested the secret ingredient got the better of her.

But what really peeves me.. is everywhere I look I see anti smoking legislation/posters/signs/packaging .. and broad media coverage that new age wonder medicines ( pills, potions, lotions, injections , surgery ) will cure us of everything from aids to zenophobia .....
    And voila... this generation are horrified of smoking 'harmless' weed, but pop any pill knowing it will make them 'feel better' after their nip-tuck or botox shots.

sorry, a dad's rant, hey .

Anybody can, I know at least 3 people I could get it from, and that's just marijuana, booze is easier.
    You'd be surprised how easy it is to hide stuff from your rents. I would know, I hide half of my boat stuff :D
    haha I hide stuff from my daughter else she complains Im wasting her inheritance !

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    From the outside looking in, US must reign in the war machine to reduce endless budget over-runs.
    From an insider, looking out... I don't completely disagree, HOWEVER... pay a little now, or a LOT later, is how that would work out.

Everyone want's the US to stand down... UNTIL their is a crisis or disaster in the world. Then, we're blamed for not doing enough.

The media here doesn't help. Things I hear in the media concerning our military drive me crazy, because I KNOW most of it isn't true, or is only a very small protion of what they do. The general public, and certainly the WORLD public, doesn't have any idea what the US military does on a dialy basis to help this world, and the vast majority of it doesn't involve guns or warfare.

Interesting thread, my father tought me you make your own way in life and do not depend on others to help you out in a cash crunch problem. The world has gone to pot and Greece and other European countries are in dire trouble. Our goverments are all surviving on borrowed money....my dad would not be happy if he was alive today.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Phaleronic View Post
    and corporations are taxed at the same ratio of income to taxation.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regi...ewsrelease.htm
    Inidividuals pay a higher "ratio" the more they make. They also spend a lot of money. Not just buying yachts. Usually the cost of running some business. Paying a diiferent rate never made any sense to me. Work hard, put in 60 hours a week+, hire a bunch of people maybe, put food on their tables too. Let's not forget all the taxes those employees pay. Those taxes don't get paid if rich guy doesn't pay them to perform some task. So go like mad, live a stress filled life, and die young. Be sure to make lots of money though.......so you can send even more in to the gov't. The rich guy doesn't cost the gov't more money. He makes money for the gov't by putting people to work. For that effort they want him to give a higher percentage of the rewards to "others"? Really Inspiring.

If "government" were a product you would buy at a store, when you asked the clerk how much and he said "how much you got?" you would walk right back out the door. Now if you were a corporation and you asked "how much to do business in the US?" and the answer is "how much you got?".........where do you suppose you're going to set up shop? Probably any where else.

Corporations write off everything. That's how they get around taxes. Same thing with the really rich. They're trying to find a way to avoid being punished for working hard and putting people to work. They're portrayed as corporate scum for it but honestly if I had to give 39.6% of my income to "others" I would likely be looking for deductions to my taxable income.

I liked Forbes flat rate idea. Only I want ZERO deductions for individuals or corporations. Everybody pays the same percentage. Something sane.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Inidividuals pay a higher "ratio" the more they make. They also spend a lot of money. Not just buying yachts. Usually the cost of running some business. Paying a diiferent rate never made any sense to me. Work hard, put in 60 hours a week+, hire a bunch of people maybe, put food on their tables too. Let's not forget all the taxes those employees pay. Those taxes don't get paid if rich guy doesn't pay them to perform some task. So go like mad, live a stress filled life, and die young. Be sure t make lots of money though.......so you can send even more in to the gov't. The rich guy doesn't cost the gov't more money. He makes money for the gov't by putting people to work. For that effort they want him to give a higher percentage of the rewards to "others"? Really Inspiring.If "government" were a product you would buy at a store, when you asked the clerk how much and he said "how much you got?" you would walk right back out the door. Now if you were a corporation and you asked "how much to do business in the US?" and the answer is "how much you got?".........where do you suppose you're going to set up shop? Probably any where else. Corporations write off everything. That's how they get around taxes. Same thing with the really rich. They're trying to find a way to avoid being punished for working hard and putting people to work. They're portrayed as corporate scum for it but honestly if I had to give 39.6% of my income to "others" I would likely be looking for deductions to my taxable income.I liked Forbes flat rate idea. Only I want ZERO deductions for individuals or corporations. Everybody pays the same percentage. Something sane.
    well said. I can say I know quite a few of these people Obama calls "rich". With basic single family homes costing $300k around here and houses in good towns costing $600k, $250k gets eaten up pretty quick. Especially when you are paying the state and Feds take $90k right off the top. Then pay the town another 5-10k in real estate taxes. Most of these families have both parents working. The fall is near.
    Steven Vaccaro

We are living in a time of the lowest interest rates in nearly half a century, real estate prices have depressed more rapidly than at any time since WW 2. Foreclosures are at an all time high. Obama The Destroyer is well on his way to accomplishing his goal of destroying the U.S. economy and strapping us with more debt than the next 5 generations could ever pay.

If the interest rates were to climb to 6% or 7% as they very well should, our government would need to use 65%+ of its TOTAL income just to service its debt responsibilities. Leaving a whopping 20-some percent for everything else.

The government funds more lazy, do nothing, breed more children so they get more money losers than EVER. We now pay more in welfare then it used to cost to run the whole government!! So somebody explain to me why people on welfare can't be put to work to earn that money? Cleaning up our country, mowing public land, cleaning public buildings?

There is more Medicare / Medicaid fraud every year than the budget of some states! When we catch these thieves we can't get the money back they stole why?

Our government spent 900 Million on a stealth ship 5 years ago, now decided they don't need it, so they are scrapping it!! They spend nearly 1 BILLION per copy for aircraft that we need like we need a second *&^hole!!

When will it stop? Not until the Uber rich have stolen everything you own! Look to history, how many examples of deficit spending leading to hyper-inflation do we need before we learn? All I can say is, you might want to have some food and water socked away soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

The government funds more lazy, do nothing, breed more children so they get more money losers than EVER. We now pay more in welfare then it used to cost to run the whole government!! So somebody explain to me why people on welfare can't be put to work to earn that money? Cleaning up our country, mowing public land, cleaning public buildings?
    I've been asking myself this for years.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    We are living in a time of the lowest interest rates in nearly half a century, real estate prices have depressed more rapidly than at any time since WW 2. Foreclosures are at an all time high. Obama The Destroyer is well on his way to accomplishing his goal of destroying the U.S. economy and strapping us with more debt than the next 5 generations could ever pay.
    Osama bin laden ... he traumatized America.
    Obama's sin laden ...he traumatizes America
    how ironic ....

DrWayne, don't you live in Austrailia? Why are you dissing my President? - because it's the popular thing to do? We have our problems, but we'll come up with solutions. And they won't include you. Steven, you might interject here, this may get ugly.
    Last edited by sundog; 07-03-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    DrWayne, don't you live in Austrailia? Why are you dissing my President? - because it's the popular thing to do? We have our problems, but we'll come up with solutions. And they won't include you. Steven, you might interject here, this may get ugly.
    @Sundog, Im 45+, have logged 32 yrs living on/off in Au.

Correctly so, Americans generally take great pride contributing assistance to other countries with 'issues' , offering financial guidance, medical aid, education, diplomatic restructuring, and sometimes military support against common foes.
    With astounding clarity the world now sees this great America crashing with issues, yet she closes her doors against countries of good standing who offer support and considered opinion.

Our global push for America to care for her own is ridiculed by your popular elected minority as 'financially irresponsible'..

Go figure.

Censoring the truth is a political thing, mate.

Wayne

Enjoy your thread, ppls !
    Im going back to work.
    Last edited by drwayne; 07-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    I'm not keen on blaming one president or one party, but if it comes down to it I will blame both bushies and the hypocrisy of the republican party. "Recall the situation in 2003. The Bush administration was already projecting the largest deficit in American history--$475 billion in fiscal year 2004, according to the July 2003 mid-session budget review. But a big election was coming up that Bush and his party were desperately fearful of losing. So they decided to win it by buying the votes of America's seniors by giving them an expensive new program to pay for their prescription drugs. Recall, too, that Medicare was already broke in every meaningful sense of the term. According to the 2003 Medicare trustees report, spending for Medicare was projected to rise much more rapidly than the payroll tax as the baby boomers retired. Consequently, the rational thing for Congress to do would have been to find ways of cutting its costs. Instead, Republicans voted to vastly increase them--and the federal deficit--by $395 billion between 2004 and 2013."

If you read any economic journals you would understand that many of them believe that the stimulus package wasn't BIG enough, and that the only way to pull out of this economic sinkhole is to inject capital AND raise taxes, but this is incapable of happening with a republican party as a majority in the house (they refuse to raise taxes at all-especially on the wealthy).

obama says the millioneers and billioneers must pay more taxes......exceopt his plan starts at anyone makeing 200k a year....as soon as he learn a millioneer makes 1,000,000 dollars and not 200.000 dollars we may be better off......i dont care who is in charge why dont they just stop spending on any new porjects and go home for a year.......
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

It's a mess.

Of the $1.1 trillion in deficit savings that Obama is projecting over the next 10 years, two-thirds would come from spending cuts including $400 billion in savings from a five-year freeze on domestic programs that account for one-tenth of the budget. The other one-third of deficit savings would come from tax increases such as limiting the tax deductions taken by high income taxpayers, a proposal that Obama put forward last year only to have it rejected by Congress. Obama also proposes raising taxes on energy companies.
    The president's projected $1.65 trillion deficit for the current year would be the highest dollar amount ever, surpassing the $1.41 trillion deficit hit in 2009. It would also represent 10.8 percent of the total economy, the highest level since the deficit stood at 21.5 percent of gross domestic product in 1945, reflecting heavy borrowing to fight World War II.

Think thtas bad, look at this man!>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8T3Q...&feature=feedu
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Phaleronic View Post
    It's a mess.
    Yes it is but, I don't buy it that it was you and i the commoner's that caused this mess. I place blame on people like the Rockefeller's etc. that hide their trillions and whoever owns these: http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Yes it is but, I don't buy it that it was you and i the commoner's that caused this mess. I place blame on people like the Rockefeller's etc. that hide their trillions and whoever owns these: http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main
    I agree %100.

Quote Originally Posted by airman66285 View Post
    Utterly pathetic! The lady we let go couldn't even type up a Letter of Transmittal without screwing up addresses and multiple typos. As a nation, on SO many levels, we are in a real hurt locker...
    How did this lady get hired to begin with? Sounds like your hiring department also failed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast