Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: State of the Economy

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    How in the heck did I miss it by that much?!? I wasn't even close. Ugh. See our education system is shot too. 130000 makes my point even better. That guy can afford it so it must be "fair". 130k is a couple years salary for Joe every day middle class dude.

On another note along the same lines. Does anyone know how the gov. "creates" jobs? Are they going to start making widgets? I'm so ignorant to this process. Road construction? It's clearly not been spent on education (see my math above).

All kinds of buzz phrases like "invest in our future" but what the heck does that mean? Are we taking tax money and subsidizing what ever industry the gov decides is a good idea. Again, with their track record we're going to trust them to pick a good product to invest in? Makes no sense at all to me.
    Here is a glimpse at what is being touted as the jobs fix in a bid to recovery. http://www.miller-mccune.com/politic...t-clout-29468/

John
    Change is the one Constant

Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    --You can have your beloved lifelong welfare dwellers, food stamps, homeless, homeboys,
    hippies, druggies and illegal aliens.
    --We'll continue to believe healthcare is a luxury and not a right.
    I'm wondering what would be the plan for those people that fell ill and spent all they had to cure themselves? Since they are now poor should they move out of the country? Or should they leave the money as inheritance for their relatives and die as soon as possible?

BTW, I kinda like the plan, I think North America should be split vertically, we can call one side Canada and the other U.S.A.

I'm ready to buy my property in Florida whenever you guys are done moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Here is a glimpse at what is being touted as the jobs fix in a bid to recovery. http://www.miller-mccune.com/politic...t-clout-29468/John
    Great another bank!!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Great another bank!!!
    And its actually worse news when you dig deep into Kerry's plan. He wants Congress to have the power to oversee its operation. Like that makes sense. Can you S-P-E-L-L pet perk projects? Oh no. That would never happen.

On the other hand it could be setup just like our US Treasury that controls our money and debt but is owned by private banks. Then they could make sure their profits wouldnt be as small. I bet big business would love to see Kerry's plan come about. Can you imagine them controlling the very thing that keeps us functioning as a nation. I bet the Government owned Hydro/ Electric Dams would end up being in corporate hands lickity split! Not to mention our National Parks, oh gawd the list goes on.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345