Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery esc

Default Mystery esc

Hey has anyone seen or used any of these mystery brushless esc's? Isee them on ebay for like 40. and they are 80amp constant. I know you get what you pay for but just wondered if they were even worth that?

I also see thare are these Pulso's that are water cooled but only 70Amp's for 80.00??? any suggestions?

i was lookin at a pulso myself..... looks like a nice esc.... they also have a combo with that big a$$ motor for like 179.99 i think..... looks like a nice esc though i might get one..... the mystery im not sure about
    60% of the time... it works every time!

they are saying the pulso will work with pistol radio too

yes it does

if you want i have a towerpro esc waterproof and watercooled here ill sell ya

I actually need 2 matching of whatever I get. where to get another towerpro? what are the specs?

I won a bid on one of these ESC and I'm waiting for it, but I search on previous buyer on this item and had the chance to find an Englishman who got one, he simply said : "basic, cheap, 80amps, working fine, what else do you want?"
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

I bought the 80 amp mystery and only bench tested it. I was not going to push it very hard. The wires where cheap and the sloder joints looked suspect. I slated it for the fighter 550 with a 9L on 7 cells. Never got a test in before the boat sold. I have received no emails from the buyer to this point.

Default same

I know a friend that is running some 80 amp Mystery controllers. He has run them at 90 amps and 165 F. They just keep working. He has not water cooled them either. I dont know if these are a fluke, but they work ok for a sport setup. You do have to listen to a power up tune each time you turn them on. Not sure what song it is. Kinda embarrassing.

if you want some lowcost esc why no go with the hextronic ones. i have not heard anthing bad about them. and at around $50 and a 1 year warrenty seems like a good deal to me.

Steven, do you ever plan on selling any of these cheaper "sportsman" controllers?

I for one would pay an extra 10 or 15% just to avoid the transit time alone. I also don't have a problem installing my own water cooling or doing it for any one else for that matter. IMO it would be a win win.

Default Name that tune

Quote Originally Posted by ReddyWatts View Post
    Not sure what song it is. Kinda embarrassing.
    A couple of guys at the club have them, it is embarrasing. I'm pretty sure it is"Twinkle twinkle little star" Makes ya want to go hide.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by ReddyWatts View Post
    Steven, do you ever plan on selling any of these cheaper "sportsman" controllers?
    Ebay is hard to beat on pricing on those.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default same

Steven, I meant like a hextronic esc with a programming card.

I would not own one of those tune playing Mystery controllers that are hard to program.

Castle Creations has great controllers, probably the best. Their customer service cannot be beat. I would compare them as the Cadillac/Ferrari of this business, but sometimes I would like to be able to buy a Ford from you.
    Last edited by ReddyWatts; 04-30-2007 at 05:11 PM.

twinkle twinkle little star.....OMG THAT IS FUUUUUUNY

I second Reddy. I would be thrilled with just the Hex units. I don't think you would have to worry about beating ebay prices. I'd bet the farm 99% of your customer base is quite loyal. If you offer it I know I'm buying it from you regardless. My peace of mind is worth way more than 10 or 15%.
    Last edited by SJFE; 04-30-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Just got mine from HongKong today, it does work, not really programable as it was said, no manual ship with, almost not even packed, but finaly found some setup info on a portuguese site!!!
    Emmanuel

Default same

I cant find any Hextronic controllers on Ebay.

I have never seen one either. I was speaking in general in reference to any esc or part for that matter.

Default same

I was surprised when I could not find any hex controllers there. I thought I was not searching properly for them, so you cant find any either?

No. I have the auto searches that run every day. I will add the Hex to the list. But I run a brushless esc search in my dailys to see whats new...and nothing there either.

yes Mystery plays anoying music at startup, also at the end of the programing sequence, but they are not hard to program, in fact there's not that much to program on it! :)
    Emmanuel

here's what you can program and the way to do it, throttle stick at full then turn on ESC, you'll hear that little music and then some short (.) and long (-) beep as following:
    1) - - - Brake On
    2) -- -- -- Brake Off
    3).- .- .- NiCd/NiMh
    4).-- .-- .-- LiPo
    5)..- ..- ..- Soft Startup
    6)..-- ..-- ..-- Hard Startup
    7)...- ...- ...- Soft Timing
    8)...-- ...-- ...-- Hard Timing
    9).... .... .... Reset to factory settings

You can only change one parameter at a time
    Move throttle to Idle to validate a parameter, keep throttle in this position and you'll hear a different music meaning you exit setup
    During normal startup, you hear the music plus one beep if brake is on two beep if brake is off.
    hope this help! :)
    Emmanuel

Nothing to do with this thread but I got that Venom balance charger and Venom 11.1 lipos. I have to say AWESOME!!! battery came at 11.4V and I balance charged to exactly 12.6 which is recomended and I flew my heli with it run time around 10minutes and it was only down to 11.1 min I think 9.6. WOW I have to give it up for these products. #1 in my book. just wish my LHS sold DeAns. all they have is trains.

I just noticed Fullers Fast Elec. has his hydra 120's for like 253.00. What a Guy. glad ive never gave him any biz. He does have some fast motors though. maybe next year.

Smile It's all good Mich.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    I just noticed Fullers Fast Elec. has his hydra 120's for like 253.00. What a Guy. glad ive never gave him any biz.
    Ray spends thousands of dollars each year sponsoring races so that we ALL have a place to compete. SAWs ect.
    I don't mind at all doing business with a man like that. You have to spread the wealth.:)
    We (6 club members) spent over $1500.00 last week. (New LSH stuff), Ray got half of it, and so did Steven.
    It's all in how ya look at it.

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Yeah thats a good point. I would LOVE to race or at least go to races but being the new family man and new homeowner I just dont have time except to charge my batts and go to the lake for 20 minutes. I guess thats a great point " spending a little extra now so when I have time these clubs are still going.

Dont get me wrong I dont down anyone or any site If I was in the biz I would double my prices!!!LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast