Thread: Miss Elam set up?

Default Miss Elam set up?

Hey guys just got a Miss Elam and I finally had a chance to run it today. She runs good but the front end feels really light. It gets a little squirrelly when it gets up there in speed. Would some weight in the nose help this out at all? I'm running the stock set up with two 2S lipos. Thanks

i remember having the same problem. the front just comes up so easy.... try stuffing the batteries up in the cockpit in front of the motor. also a lifter prop might help

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    i remember having the same problem. the front just comes up so easy.... try stuffing the batteries up in the cockpit in front of the motor. also a lifter prop might help
    I'm running a balanced and sharpened 442 on it right now. Seems to be the prop of choice. And the battery compartment is so tight already, I don't think I can get them up front anymore. I may add some lead weight to the nose and see how that works?

i dont mean move them up in the battery compartment, i mean take them out and put them together and stuff them in the cockpit. x642 would be a better choice for elam imo

Woodster try taping a small wrench under the front wing between the sponsons,,,

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    i dont mean move them up in the battery compartment, i mean take them out and put them together and stuff them in the cockpit. x642 would be a better choice for elam imo
    Gotcha i'll try that out and see how it works.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    Woodster try taping a small wrench under the front wing between the sponsons,,,
    Thanks Jerry i'll give that a try also

put a battery in the side opposite the turn fin and the other one up in the capsule area in front of the motor with a piece of foam stuffed up there to hold it in place, try it and see what you think, it made a huge difference on my boat!!
    too much power not in the FE racing dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by U1Racing View Post
    put a battery in the side opposite the turn fin and the other one up in the capsule area in front of the motor with a piece of foam stuffed up there to hold it in place, try it and see what you think, it made a huge difference on my boat!!
    Thanks i'll experiment with this set up also.. The boat gets really loose so hopefully this helps.

Hey Darrin,
    You still have your Elam?
    Hows it running what mods if any have you made??
    I just got one from a friend and will be doing some updates to it.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by monojeff View Post
    Hey Darrin,
    You still have your Elam?
    Hows it running what mods if any have you made??
    I just got one from a friend and will be doing some updates to it.
    Sorry Jeff just saw this! I still have her and she runs great but still stock. The moving the batteries around helped a bunch, but now i'm thinking I want to try and go faster. Have you done anything to yours? I'm thinking about replacing the ESC with the swordfish and running two 3S lipos and seeing if I can hit 50 mph. Doing some research now to see what people are doing as well.

No worries I have not had a chance to run mine yet.
    I just finished getting it ready to run and had it out one day for testing but was having some servo issues and couldn't run it unfortunately.

What setup are you running on it?
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Sorry to bud in, but you got any pics of what works for you here.I'm gonna revive a Miss Bud and would like to have some idea where everything goes before I start.I was thinking motor in the cockpit and two 3s on the sides.

Well finally ran my boat the other day and it ran great very fast and stable.
    A little hoppy in choppy water but with a little added weight up front I know it would settle down some more or just don't go all out with it ran very well.
    I am going to update my build thread on it check it out for more details on my build.

I moved the esc in the cockpit and left motor where it is.
    Batteries on both sides and stuffed as many cut up pool noodles I could fit in each sponson.
    Running a Ul-1 motor and a 443 aluminum fightercat prop wth a Ul-1 strut.
    First time out was very pleased more testing and I bet I could run with the Ul-1s no problem looking to be at top of pack with local Ul-1 and proboat class.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!