Thread: Prop recommendations?

Default Prop recommendations?

Hey guys i'm building an 1/8th scale Aeromarine Miss Budweiser and I need a prop recommendation. Its running a Neu 2215 with a Castle 240HV on 10S2P. I bought the boat used and it was running a .60 size nitro engine and already had a prop. I tested the boat out and the prop just cavitated and didn't move the boat much at all. I just need some kind of base line to start out with and i'm hoping not to have to buy a bunch of props to figure it out. Thanks for any help

A "classic" prop for that setup is an x462. That should give speeds around 60-65 and good run time. The 2215 will take more prop but that's where I'd start.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    A "classic" prop for that setup is an x462. That should give speeds around 60-65 and good run time. The 2215 will take more prop but that's where I'd start.

The prop thats on the boat now measures aprox 62MM. It used to run a 15CC nitro motor. Would an x462 be to small for it? This boat is aprox 50 inches long. Thanks!

I gave you my recommendation for a proven starting prop. If it cavitates with the current prop, then the strut is either way out of adjustment, the prop is screwed up or you have a lifting prop mounted. You said it ran an 11 cc motor originally, there is a difference in props for an 11 cc versus a 15 cc motor. What exactly is the prop on the boat now? If you don't know then a few photos may help.

Sorry guess I should have updated this post lol :) . I recently picked up another Aeromarine Hydro, and it's quite a bit bigger then the Miss Bud boat. I was having a hard time fitting batteries, etc so I decided to pick up a bigger hull. It came with a 15CC OPS engine and the prop measures aprox 62MM. I can post up a pic later when I get home. I haven't even tested this hull yet as i'm still getting it set up with electronics. Same motor and ESC as I described before as well. I'm hoping for 60 MPH as well. Thanks for the help

what would be a good prop to run on a m1 cat running a 4082 2200kv motor

Cool

Which M-1 Supercat, the "S" or the "regular" or the "XL"? What brand, "C" rating and mAh are your cells? How many volts? 1P or 2P? What kind of compromise do you want between speed and run time?
    We need more info to give the best answer.

the boat is 34 1/2" long lipos Turn. 4s 5000 40c 2p I want to race

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Which M-1 Supercat, the "S" or the "regular" or the "XL"? What brand, "C" rating and mAh are your cells? How many volts? 1P or 2P? What kind of compromise do you want between speed and run time?
    We need more info to give the best answer.